Windows 7 Radeon 4830 screen gos black

Slim Man

As i'm insalling windows 7 all is fine tell the last part of install.. update thin the screen went black,was useing a SAPPHIRE Radeon 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16.With a GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard.

Started reinstall it useing a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 same Motherboard
The install went fine, then i put the 4830 in windows started up and installed Drive for it rebooted and after the logo screen of windows 7 the screen went black

Monitor is a gatway CRT year 2002
4800 and 3870 new this year Motherboard the same new.
windows 7
Evaluation copy. Build 7100

thanks

Sounds like Windows is giving you a bad driver for the 4830. Make sure you download the latest driver from Ati, found here.
Install them before you reboot see if that helps.
Just to be sure, you downloaded the RC from Microsoft and performed a clean install? And so were clear your not trying to crossfire the two cards are you?

i did try the ati driver, Rc was from Microsoft and it was a clean install both times. just 1 card.
thank you

So the black screen happens when you have tried using both the driver Windows update gives you, and the drivers from Ati?
But the 3870 works fine? You could try booting to safe mode, uninstalling all the Ati drivers and boot with the 4830, or an earlier version of the Ati driver, say 9.3 or 9.4.

Did the 4830 work properly on the motherboard under a different OS? If the card is new, it could be your motherboard is rejecting the 4830 and you may need toLink Removed due to 404 Error to a newer version, but you need to be careful and make sure you read your manual on how to do it.

yes tryed ati and windows, booting to safe mode i tryed that to. with no driver installed the card does work have used the card on Windows Vista Home Premium 64 and 32 bit. with this mobo

thank you

Sorry I shouldve added to make sure Windows is activated and run the Windows update after you uninstalled the drivers.

Maybe its a resolution problem, do you have another monitor to try with?

it was activated and no this is it on Monitor that was my next upgrade . hope Microsoft look here.

thanks again

Back