Windows 8 Radeon not working.

STM123

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6121se here are its specs i recently upgraded to windows 8 pro and my games got slower and in game options i could only select directx 9 until later i got battlefield 4 and it says gpu cant buffer frame and it said gpu was intel hd 3000 i checked system info and saw it recognized my hd 6400m series card as 7400m series this wasnt right because i had 6400m as hp said in its page and in win7 the catalyst software was there but it is not there now. so i downloaded win8 driver from this page click here for it but nothing worked.I tried going to hp support and getting driver. I tried getting 6490m 3rd party driver. I checked my bios to set default gpu no advanced option closed bios.

"Need Drivers For Windows8"-Solved
If u hav just upgraded ur previous windows vergion to windows8 & searching for compatible driver then just download driver for previous vergion from manufracture's website & then Rt click on it & run Tro ubleshout compablity from option. After that ur driver will be compatible with Windows8.

When upgrading windows 7 to windows 8, it's recommended by MS to update the BIOS. This should solve your problem.

I updated bios wen to amd downloaded driver for hd6xxxm series and the installer said cant install dun to incompatibe hardware/software your graphics adapter is not supported.

Hi
Before you install would reecommend to un-install the AMD radeon drivers restart the system.
STEP #1 : Install the Intel drivers for your System
STEP #2 : Install the AMD Radeon Drivers
Visit : www.hp.com/in/support

Back