Windows 7 RAID0 on Intel chipset not seen correctly, So I can't install windows 7 ...

anthonyda

Hi,
I have a RAID0 with 2 partitions on it and I wish I could install it on my first partition of this RAID0.
I'm currently using Windows Vista with the same computer but installed on another disc and the RAID0 is working correctly.

My error is the following : When I have to choose which HDD I should install windows in, i can see my raid cut in 3 part instead of the 2 partition.
I see my 1st partition, and 2 bigs partition (one is a full disc, the other is the end of the 1st partition disc).
I first tried installing Win 7 on the first partition of the first disc, but it's not installing as raid but only the 1st disc of the raid, and of course I can't see data on the whole raid.

My idea was to load Intel's driver at selection screen during install to see if my raid0 can be seen correctly before the install. But it is not working, I still can't see my raid correctly.

And idea to help me ? Thanks.

I had a similar problem with an MSI NVidia based RAID. My work around was to install Vista on the raid sans the product key and no activation. Then i performed an upgrade using the 7 RC DVD and everything is working great, still. Seven would not do a clean install even with the NVidia Win7 drivers.

Hi,
I have a RAID0 with 2 partitions on it and I wish I could install it on my first partition of this RAID0.
I'm currently using Windows Vista with the same computer but installed on another disc and the RAID0 is working correctly.

My error is the following : When I have to choose which HDD I should install windows in, i can see my raid cut in 3 part instead of the 2 partition.
I see my 1st partition, and 2 bigs partition (one is a full disc, the other is the end of the 1st partition disc).
I first tried installing Win 7 on the first partition of the first disc, but it's not installing as raid but only the 1st disc of the raid, and of course I can't see data on the whole raid.

My idea was to load Intel's driver at selection screen during install to see if my raid0 can be seen correctly before the install. But it is not working, I still can't see my raid correctly.

And idea to help me ? Thanks.

I think RAID drivers for 7 are still very immature or non existant and work arounds like above and others have to be employed to get round the problem. Have you tried using the latest version of the RAID driver though? It was updated only a few days ago...

The last check I made was for AMD chipset support. Nada. NVidia will likely be a leader with a final version. No, I have not tried any new released drivers; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Back