Windows 7 RAM is 4G but windows show (2.61 usable) why?

Vahids

laptop is Acer 5750G with 4G RAM
i know 32bit windows support 3G RAM in max but here is 2.61 !

and if I install 64bit windows 7. Is it OK to run 32bit apps and Games (high-Games too) ?

I have a Dell Laptop with 4G which shows 3.46 available in the System dialog.

Open the Resource Monitor and look at the graphical representation. My hardware shows 552MB, and the other numbers on the bottom may help explain your situation.

How is your memory installed? 2 x 2 G?

I have a Dell Laptop with 4G which shows 3.46 available in the System dialog.

Open the Resource Monitor and look at the graphical representation. My hardware shows 552MB, and the other numbers on the bottom may help explain your situation.

How is your memory installed? 2 x 2 G?

I don't know it's 2 x 2G or 1 x 4G
I think it's 2 x 2G
btw, 1427 MB is hardware reserved. Do you know what this mean? which hardware reserved this Big memory? 1.4G !!! my VGA is Geforce 610M 1G

I think Hardware reserved is normally for video, but not certain that is all it is used for. It may show in the bios how much is used for video and may be adjustable. But if you want the better graphics, it needs memory.

At least all of your memory is being recognized.

I think Hardware reserved is normally for video, but not certain that is all it is used for. It may show in the bios how much is used for video and may be adjustable. But if you want the better graphics, it needs memory.

At least all of your memory is being recognized.

hmm, so If I install 64-bit windows
this hardware reserved will be gone?

No, it is necessary for the video. But you would be able to use more memory so the Hardware Reserved would be less of a problem.

Have you checked to see if you can add more memory to that laptop?

No, it is necessary for the video. But you would be able to use more memory so the Hardware Reserved would be less of a problem.

Have you checked to see if you can add more memory to that laptop?

No, I'm new with laptop and laptop's hardware
btw, tnx.

and I'm happy now. cause I though my RAM (HARDWARE) is failed.

Back