Windows 7 Random Blue Screens. (Really bugging me now)

Rob887

Hopefully someone can help with a problem that's baffling me.

I have a AMD FX (tm)-8150 Eight Core.

It gets random blue screens with a different driver and cause in the dump every time.

If I do a stress test with prime 95 it will crash and blue screen.

If I change the processors in windows 7 (64bit) to use only 4 cores it will run fine with out any errors or blue screens can do the stress test on them 4 cores with no problem..

Highest recorded temp is 49c on 8 cores and then it crashes.
Highest recorded temp is 44c on 5 cores and is stable.
49c still isn't high but as it hit 49c and crashed every time I reseated the processor.

I did notice that the mother board has a 8 pin esp CPU but only had 4 pins from PSU. So i changed PSU to one that had 8 Pins still same problem.

Also did memtest86 and that was fine.

hopefully someone can help. If you need any information just ask.

I've just included the dump
Hopefully that can help
Thanks

Attachments

• W7F_10-12-2013.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 460
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800105cfa9, fffff880099d5980, 0}

Probably caused by : fltmgr.sys ( fltmgr!GetContextFromStreamList+99 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
you have a number of dmp files all pointing to different issues:

BiosVersion = F2
BiosReleaseDate = 08/10/2012
Please update your bios. I have your motherboard down as GA-78LMT-USB3 although I'm not sure what version or revision number. You might have to actually look on the moBo itself. It'll be written around the edge somewhere. Here's the download link:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4305#bios

atikmdag.sys Wed Apr 07 02:47:17 2010
Please update your graphic drivers:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows 7 - 64

AppleCharger.sys Wed Nov 02 02:46:00 2011
This driver has been known to cause issues and is the on/off charge driver. Un-install to test.

Rt64win7.sys Tue Aug 23 14:55:41 2011
Please update your network driver:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Oct 18 12:48:20 2011
Please update your sound driver:
http://218.210.127.131/downloads/do...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Your also missing a service pack for windows:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5842
Readiness tool for SP1:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5842

See how you go after updating the above. If you still get bsod post the new dmp files. Also what size is your PSU?

Thanks for your help.

Did everything you said. (Bios was already up to date) Only got it this year. (F2)

I'm now unable to use this system even on 4 cores. I've put it onto just 1 core and its stable again (even on prim95)

If you notice any of the updates i've missed please tell me, I think I did them all.

I've uploaded my new files.

Thanks

Sorry forgot to say, this is my PSU

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301033023030?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Attachments

• W7F_11-12-2013.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 316
Hmm something puzzles me though about the bios. If you only bought the board this year and is indeed the revision 5.0 model then the Bios should be 'FA' not 'F2'. The other revision does show an 'F2' bios with almost the same release dates with another two further bios updates to follow:

a6rh.jpg

I actually own the same chip so know it's a bit of power guzzler especially when overclocked (mines currently at 4.4GHz) I had a look at your PSU and to be really honest with you a 850W PSU for $28 has alarm bells clanking away like crazy. You absolutely cannot scrimp on your PSU and really you should looking at a price of over a hundred dollars for a decent model. Regardless of whether this has anything to do with your CPU or not I strongly advise you to purchase a branded, well known PSU. Your machine will love you for it and you'll have peace of mind knowing that the chances of your PSU going the way of the Dodo has been extremely minimised.
Have you tried running the bios at default values? You could even try clearing the bios by taking out the battery for 30 seconds. This will just revert everything back to factory settings and you might need to go through and set the time, date ect..

Try running a chkdsk. Right click on computer icon and choose properties, Tools and then 'Check now'. It may say that it doesn't need to run but run it anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

The board is a GA-78LMT-USB3 rev. 4.1 and its running F2 Bios ? Is this correct?.
Sorry must of misread your answer. Should I flash Bios to F4 ?

With the PSU as Alpine are a big name in speakers and amps and other electrical devises I thought there PSU's are the same quality. But after looking into it I don't think they are the same company.

I've got a GIGABYTE ODIN PRO 550W sitting in another machine ill use

Bios has a setting to run at (think it said Stable, Default, Optimised)
I've tried them all.

(it's doing a check disk now, Posting now as might crash half way through and I'll lose my message Lol)

Update --.

The chkdsk found some errors and fixed them.

I'd also update the bios to F4 too as they are mainly CPU updates.

Here's my new dumps.

I just did a stress test after updating everything and changing the PSU.

It still crashed when using all 8 cores. If I do a 4 Thread stress test its okay.

Attachments

• W7F_11-12-2013.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 372
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800e4928f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner

Damn!...

Tell me about the CPU.. How old is it? Has it ever been overclocked? Is it possible you could try the processor in a different machine? (we could at least rule out if it was the chip or motherboard that way)

You said that you had run memtest86 but even so to truly test the memory try running the system with only one stick in. If it bsod's move on to the next stick and so on. If you find a stick which doesn't bsod then you know the other/s are faulty.

The other thing you could try is removing the bios battery for a minute or two. You would have reconfigure the bios afterwards like time and date.

I've tried running one stick at a time (well two) but will try one at a time.

I got the CPU at same time as the Motherboard so I thought less then a year old.
Never been over clocked and was brand new when I got it.

I'll try another processor in this computer tomorrow and see what happens

I'll keep you updated thanks.

Hello.
The only things I could end up doing was. Running with only one Ram (did it on all and still the same)

Also pulled the bios battery and still the same.

I couldn't find a motherboard or processor to try.

Could you recommend a really cheap processor to try in this ?

thanks

Not sure what readings you want, I've done a video of Hwinfo While I did a stress test (to the point of blue screen / restart)

Here is the video

Thank you for posting the info. I did some googling and found others with the same moBo having issues with FX chips. Can you go into the bios for me and look for a setting called 'LLC' (sorry I'm unsure where it will be exactly but if you still have your motherboard manual.. I just checked.. It's under 'advanced bios settings' and is called 'load line control', set this from 'auto' to extreme) . This is to control vdroop and yours by default should be set to Regular. Try switching it to extreme and see if it makes a difference.

Done that.

Seems to be running ALOT hotter now. While typing this its at 55 - 60c

Did a stress test and it got to 80c and then BSOD. (The TJ. Max Reads 80C)
Maybe we are getting somewhere :-D

Kind regards,rob

Hi Rob,

how come it isn't throttling back to around 1400GHz? Do you have the cool n quiet feature enabled in the bios? Or check your power settings via the control panel. When only doing simple tasks the cpu switches off many of the cores and 'parks' them. You can check via the Task manager that this is so.
vvpc.jpg

See how my cores are parked. If your not seeing this it could also reflect on your settings via the power menu in the control panel. It's a little hard to see unless blown up but can you tell me, apart from the virtualisation, what these bios settings are at?

ewmy.jpg

When doing nothing it will always go back to "1406ghz".. That video was while I was doing a stress test and at the end of the video it BSOD (restarted)

Can't check the bios atm as waiting for something to finish on here.

I've uploaded a photo. None of mine are parked, I've got a bit running atm but nothing to stressful
kind regards

Attachments

• computer.jpg
    computer.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 358
Thanks Rob.
Well we've pretty much gone through everything short of trying the cpu in a different machine. If the cpu has done this since you first bought it then either the moBo or the cpu have a hardware fault.
The only other thing I can perhaps think of trying is troubleshooting software. This will determine if it is either hardware or software. Do a clean install, install updates, service packs and finally drivers. Test the cpu at each step of the way although if it's giving you a bsod from the get go (as soon as a new install is added) then you know almost straight away it's likely hardware.
If you get to the point where you've added drivers and still no bsod then start adding your normally used apps but keep testing along the way. Chances are you'll find the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom