This is most likely a hardware problem. They (hardware problems) are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- overclocking - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers)
- low-level driver problems (3rd party hardware/drivers)
- or even mal ware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).