Windows 10 Random BSOD / NO hardware changes

DasFoxx

So its been about 2 weeks now since the BSOD started and its all sorts of random stuff. As stated there has been no hardware changed and i'm a little confused.

I just "reset" my Windows today (SEP16) and reinstalled all drivers from the manufactures website. I have done the Windows Memory Diagnostic (extended) and Memtest86 and they both passed. I've even done the Intel Processor Diagnostic and that passed as well. I even went ahead and put in a new PSU. So i'm drawing a blank here.

The last one I got was just a still screen while gaming and playing the last second of audio, not an actual blue screen. Here is a list of them:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (IOMap64.sys) - I believe to be fixed
(dxgmms2.sys) - Not sure
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (IOMap64.sys) - I believe to be fixed

-Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 1200w (NEW)
-Motherboard: MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon
-Processor: Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5GHz
-Video Card: Nvidia ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX OC
-RAM: x8 G.Skill DDR4 2133 PN: F4-3000C15-4GVRB

Attachments

• W7F_16-09-2016.rar
    223.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Here is another on that happened that's new to me.

Was opening a link to youtube from a Steam chat I was having with a friend.

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Attachments

• W7F_17-09-2016.rar
    295.2 KB · Views: 262
Looks like a function call is trying to be made to invalid memory, a driver that is not loaded or memory that the tcpip.sys driver believes is marked pageable. Since the crash is occurring low in the network stack, it's most likely due to a network filter driver. I see this one
bwcW10x64 \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bwcW10x64.sys which is the Killer bandwidth control driver. I would try removing it.

I won't let me delete it since it's being used. But you're saying that my Killer bandwidth control is causing the issue?

Most likely. You can try the following
  • Open an elevated command prompt
  • Type pnputil -e
  • Locate the oem##.inf for the Killer driver
  • Type pnputil -d oem##.inf /force
  • That should remove the driver even if it's in use

Would it be both of these or would you know witch one?

Attachments

• killer drivers.png
    killer drivers.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 457
Never mind I referenced the date the driver "bwcW10x64" was made and it was may 5 2016 so I deleted that one.

edit: I did use the elevated CMD for the process but I look in the drivers folder and still see that driver. It doesn't show when I do the pnputil -e command in the CMD though.

Last edited:
Here is another "still screen" with last second of audio playing (not and actual BSOD). I'm not sure if the Dumps change when I use your program but here it is. Thanks in advance.

This is after I did the steps Neemobeer told me to do. So no change as far as I know.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck BE, {fffffa8000dafe80, 8000000000e80121, ffffd000e5139510, a}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+44a67 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
the two dump files sent are both driver related (usually) although I can see no driver mentioned in the Call Stack. However you do have some drivers which are simply way too old for Win 10:

SiLib.sys Thu Jul 15 23:08:26 2010
SiUSBXp.sys Thu Jul 15 23:27:13 2010: Both of these drivers belong to a USB device or similar and you need to either remove or update them:
Silicon Labs Technical Support | Silicon Labs

WmBEnum.sys Tue Apr 27 21:10:19 2010
WmFilter.sys Tue Apr 27 21:10:19 2010
WmHidLo.sys Tue Apr 27 21:09:36 2010
WmVirHid.sys Tue Apr 27 21:08:53 2010
WmXlCore WmXlCore.sys Tue Apr 27 21:09:26 2010: Logitech WingMan Translation Driver. This again needs to be either removed or updated:
Logitech Support + Downloads

Please re-install your Killer Network driver using the page found here:
Killer Networking - Driver Downloads
This driver can dislike security apps running so make sure you disable your security apps before installing.

If after making the above changes the bsod still occurs then we can run the driver verifier but first see how you go.

Well I did the Killer Network driver (e2400) even though I just did that one today from their website. I'm not a dumb guy but i'm not sure what i'd be looking for on the Silicon Laps site and I have the drivers from Logitech for my G27 wheel and G15 keyboard and G502 mouse, which is the drivers I just got today as well.

Edit: I now its not the best but I only use Windows Defender as my security app. No other app are installed.

Last edited:
WmBEnum.sys Tue Apr 27 21:10:19 2010
WmFilter.sys Tue Apr 27 21:10:19 2010
WmHidLo.sys Tue Apr 27 21:09:36 2010
WmVirHid.sys Tue Apr 27 21:08:53 2010
WmXlCore WmXlCore.sys Tue Apr 27 21:09:26 2010

If all of these are related to Logitech, those are the only USB items that are plugged in.(Mouse, Keyboard, Wheel)

I did install the keyboard driver as I didn't install it before since it was some how connected to the mouse install.

Logitech has an app that puts the keyboard and mouse together (Logitech Gaming Softwear) Image attached

Attachments

• logitech mk.png
    logitech mk.png
    744.2 KB · Views: 542
Do you see these drivers in the Programs area (uninstall area)?
SiLib.sys Thu Jul 15 23:08:26 2010
SiUSBXp.sys Thu Jul 15 23:27:13 2010: Both of these drivers belong to a USB device or similar and you need to either remove or update them:
Silicon Labs Technical Support | Silicon Labs

Please create a recovery disk/usb:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

You may need this in case your system starts to boot loop due to the driver verifier. The verifier stresses drivers on start up to see if they'll bsod which can induce the boot loop. If it does, use the recovery disk/usb to boot from, enter safe mode and turn the verifier off. Hopefully the culprit will be caught on the dump files:
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Im not sure where this Silicon Labs is coming from.
Agreed.
Try doing a search and if you manage to find them rename to .old (instead of .sys) to try and break them.

In any case I'd still run the verifier.

When I did the search through the whole C: this is what I got. maybe windows did the install or update it self but im now sure but it is there.

Edit: I did notice the Corsair Link in there but that was installed straight from their website and not sure what the deal is. (For my liquid cooling system)

Attachments

• SiLib.sys hmmm.png
    SiLib.sys hmmm.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 470
  • SiUSBXp.sys error.png
    SiUSBXp.sys error.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 462
Ok well try the driver verifier and we'll come back to this if need be.

I was unable to run the verifier, even as admin.

Edit: I just realized the steps are in the link you provided a few post back, sorry.

Attachments

• error w7f.png
    error w7f.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Here's what I got from the verifier. BSOD 3 times so I hope all info is in there.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

Attachments

• W7F_17-09-2016.rar
    478.9 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
The newest two dumps pointed at this driver
Image path: \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\Drivers\IocDriver\64bit\iocbios2.sys

Back