Windows 7 Random CPU Spikes

RadarGaming

So, I am I having a serious issue with my computer. This issue is random CPU spikes, I have an AMD 8150 with 16 GBs of DDR3 RAM and a fresh Windows 7 install. So my issue, I while using my computer I will get random CPU spikes that cause the PC to come to a halt My cpu usage will go from 10% to 100% and will stay at 100 for 30 second to a minute. This mostly happens when gaming but also happens when just surfing the web or being in a Google Plus hangout. I have done a mem test and there are no memory issue and am on the latest BIOS build. Any help would be great. Here is a video showing my CPU usage when playing minecraft and the FPS in the left hand corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not see any single process hogging your resources but VHMultiwriter and xsplit.core ate the most and both seem to be associated with torrents - widely known as a major distribution method for malware. And Java in recent weeks has proven to be a significant security risk and many, including me, recommend removing it unless absolutely needed.

Have you scanned for malware?

They are still the ones sapping your CPU power, according to that shot of your TM. They would be my primary suspects at this point.

Yeah I haved used other software and it happens all the time no matter what I am doing on the PC. For ex. I was talking to a friend on Google plus last night with TM open and the CPU was spiking to 100% and the PC started lagging.

How much free disk space do you have? What did you scan for malware with? And when it peaks at 100%, you should be able to see which process is taking it. You might try looking at Resource Monitor from the Performance Tab of TM.

Back