Windows 8 Random short freezes

Ruwlstol

Hello! since i got windows 8 on my machine whenever i have connected another harddrive in the system the short freezes and hangups starts and is distorting sound and visuals of the operative system.

My computer specs are:
PSU 600 W
8 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 Mhz
Intel Core i5 2500 (non K) 3.30 Ghz
AMD Radeon 6770 HD
Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3

I'm also sending my eventlogs from the custom views in this post.

I would be grateful for any help since i alone couldnt isolate the issue.

Attachments

• Admin.zip
    304.6 KB · Views: 218
Hi,

checking through your event log shows that the HDD you connected is either old, in poor health or both. Is the drive an old one or something you recently bought?

Hi,

checking through your event log shows that the HDD you connected is either old, in poor health or both. Is the drive an old one or something you recently bought?

The harddrive you're talking about seems fine in performance and the other stuff, there's no bad sectors or writing/reading issues. The only thing i can't do to the harddrive is installing windows 8 because i managed to brake the bootsector in some way reinstalling windows 8.

I also bought a new harddrive and installed windows 8 on it, when i ONLY ran THAT harddrive which is 1 month old only it made the same things, it's not a problem with the harddrives it's something else. Every hdd program and sector scanner shows me that it is in good health anyway. my tcpip.sys and usb driver is giving me high DPC counts, and i have the latest drivers for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

thanks for the reply. So your saying that something is effecting the drives? Is your bios, firmware, ect up to date?

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-D3-B3 (rev. 1.0)

Actually I just checked the bios updates for rev 2.0 board and wondered if you were using the UEFI bios?

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-D3-B3 (rev. 2.0)

Thank you for your quick replies!

Im using the rev 1.0 of that motherboard and i have the latest BIOS firmware for that, it's called F7 and it just improves the compability for the USB 3.0 ports. Since im not using a harddrive bigger than 2.2 TB i thought it really wasnt necessary to enable the UEFI bios, should i enable it? or should i upgrade the rev 1.0 BIOS with the rev 2.0 updates?

No don't update the bios with the rev 2.0 updates as they probably won't work and may kill the moBo.

If something is effecting the drives then your going to have to go through a process of elimination. Try checking the ports they are plugged into also check for malware as you just never know..

If you use just one drive does the system run ok?

Back
Top Bottom