Windows 8 Randomizing the photos tile . . .

HRIV

I just bought W8 the other day and I'm loving it. I'm liking the effort MS is making to be consistent across all platforms and I think this OS is a breathe of fresh air. I can see how some people will loathe it, though. It is totally different than anything they've done in the past.

Anyways, I have a silly question. I was looking through my Facebook photos and selected 'Set As' and then 'App Tile' on one of my pictures. Now, my photo tile is stuck on the photo I selected. I'd rather it scroll through random photos while I'm on the start screen. Does anyone know how I could make it scroll through the photos again?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

if you click on your photo tile again and then go over to your charms (top or bottom left with a mouse cursor) click on settings and then options up near the top. You'll then see a sliding bar to enable the shuffle option of your tile. Here's a screenshot of mine:

settings.jpg

Hi,

if you click on your photo tile again and then go over to your charms (top or bottom left with a mouse cursor) click on settings and then options up near the top. You'll then see a sliding bar to enable the shuffle option of your tile. Here's a screenshot of mine:

View attachment 590

Thanks a lot, kemical. I appreciate it. I forgot the charms change for some apps, etc.

One more question, is there any way to save the photos from the Facebook app to my computer? I don't see an option to save images.

Thanks again!

When you say 'The facebook app' what do you mean exactly?

When you say 'The facebook app' what do you mean exactly?

When I click on the photos tile and look at my Facebook photos, I was wondering if there was a way to save those images to my computer. Hopefully that makes sense. Sorry about the confusion . . .

I tried using my machine but I don't think there is a way to do it from within the Photo's app. You can of course right click on the image whilst in your browser and save it that way..

Back