Windows 10 Re: Display won't 'Show only on 2'

isthisforumworking

Hi,

tldr; The new WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor I bought yesterday isn't projecting its resolution from my laptop properly.

-----
The laptop spec's : cant show you bc I cant link
The monitor: cant show you bc I cant link
-----

I bought a new desktop monitor.
I own a laptop as PC.
I am using my laptop to connect to my new monitor.
It's a WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor.
It won't display it's max resolution properly.
It is the only monitor I want running.
I do not want to have to run both my laptop and desktop monitor.
Only the desktop.

I have four options:

- Duplicate these displays
- Extend these displays
- Show only on 1
- Show only on 2

Duplicate on these displays - will 'see' the WQHD (3440 x 1440) option but when I select it the resolution on the desktop monitor seems distorted in a way that magnifies everything. It is definitely not the proper resolution.

Extend on these displays - will not 'see' the WQHD (3440 x 1440) option but will properly show the 3440 x 1440 resolution on my monitor and it will show the 1080p of my laptop. So this option seems to work properly. But I don't want this option because I want to only have one monitor (my brand new WQHD monitor) working.

Show only on 1 - works normally. It shows my laptop monitor at normal resolution.

Show only on 2 - (THIS IS THE OPTION THAT I WANT TO WORK PROPERLY) will show the 1080p resolution which I presume is from my laptop on the WQHD monitor. It looks terrible.

So why why why why in the **** isn't the monitor working properly?!?!!

ps. None of the category titles are appropriate for my question. So I'll have to just guess.

Back
Top Bottom