Windows 10 Re-install windows 10

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
I tried to install windows 10 on my hard drive ( i had to wipe everything ) .I used my dvd as normal , i got i could not load on that for one reason or another and left it . this morning i tried a usb to see if it would load , it started to install . The trouble is it has firefox as the option , how do i remove it and put install windows 10 back . The dvd did load once but it was MBR , i loaded windows on the drive tinking it would be GPT format . I thought once you change to gpt there was no going back , as my drive was . The drive is now gpt i changed it while installing thanks to someone on youtube .

Nothings working on this dodgy drive , no downloads no pictures i'm going to format the drive and start again . Can,t log in here . i could'nt even download flash player , i tried install flash player which i already had . It said done but i could'nt see owt in recenty added .That's after 3 hrs of updates .

"this morning i tried a usb to see if it would load , it started to install . The trouble is it has firefox as the option , how do i remove it and put install windows 10 back"

Please explain this! Was your use created via media creation tool at: Download Windows 10
I think not if the install demanded firefox one you signed in!

Go to the link and select to download the tool, then install Windows 10 to your USB... And try again!

And since you spent som many hours on doing stuff in, what seems to be, an incorrect manner, please check if you would not gain on getting a proper help to install Windows 10. Getting proper help might save you many more hours of problem-solving...

I have a proper windows 10 dvd , i'm gonna put that on a usb drive . This time it loaded in mbr format I done the thing to turn it into gpt . It would not load first time 2nd time maybe I done it wrong . I think it may have been in UEFI mode when I loaded the usb . I tried to start In Uefi today all I got was , startup nsh . I had to use Legacy + Uefi as normal ( I was hoping to change to gpt using The MBR2GPT Tool that says make sure you have Uefi ).

I have a proper windows 10 dvd , i'm gonna put that on a usb drive . This time it loaded in mbr format I done the thing to turn it into gpt . It would not load first time 2nd time maybe I done it wrong . I think it may have been in UEFI mode when I loaded the usb . I tried to start In Uefi today all I got was , startup nsh . I had to use Legacy + Uefi as normal ( I was hoping to change to gpt using The MBR2GPT Tool that says make sure you have Uefi ).
If you have a USB thumb drive, why would you insist on having the DVD on your USB??

The dvd is probable carrying an OLDER version of Windows 10, so by installing that you only get to sitt and install multiple updates, upgrades and more updates.. So by downloading the LASTEST version of Windows 10 to your USB drive using the media creation tool, would save you a lot of time and trouble!

I can´t remember how one fixed the MBR or uefi-mode issue since i install Windows with the help of WinGuiders universal USB media..
In it you have a SHIFT TO BIOS-file and a SHIFT TO UEFI-file that changes the uninstall-file to remove all previous partitions on the harddrive and then create the right ones for each mode.. it´s so simple and easy.. but you can probably find info on how to do that by searching the internet..

Good luck!

WindowsPro , i done that earlier windows media creation tool , i think it was called . It took forever to download the lastest version of windows 10 , it took a long time to burn to the Usb drive too . I will format the large drive from here and see if i can create the Gpt format as it loads , the time before it would not load as a custom format i done it again and think something must have gone wrong creating the Gpt format .

That installed first time , every thing went alright .

Attachments

• GpT.PNG
    GpT.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 173
It's a very strange version of windows 10 , my old model using custom pages was pretty straight forward . I did find what i wanted on here but it ain't easy . You would think they would make it easier for people to use not harder .

It's a very strange version of windows 10 , my old model using custom pages was pretty straight forward . I did find what i wanted on here but it ain't easy . You would think they would make it easier for people to use not harder .
Custom pages? What do you mean with that?

Back
Top Bottom