Windows 7 Re-install Windows 7

Quizzious

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post :tongue:.

I bought my laptop (MSI GT660-473NE) one week ago from a guy, now I want to re-install my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I didn't get any kind of CD/DVD except from a CD with drivers and utilities.

The reason I want to re-install is that suddenly can't install a program and it says I don't have the rights to do certain certain things like saving a document document at all.

I've heard of something called a recovery partition but I'm not 100% sure what it is, but I guess that if you open that driver you can burn your own Windows 7 CD. But I don't have the rights open that partition. I have three drivers when I click "Computer", C: OS_INSTALL, D: Data and Q: Local Disk.

In boot when I press F3 I select MSI Recovery Manager, but then I get the error message: "The recovery Environment is not normal. System will be restarted, please try the F3 function later".

What shall I do!?

Sorry for a bit of misspelling, english is not my native.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for any help!

Best regards.

Last edited:
Hi

Reinstalling probably won't solve your problem.
Windows 7 is a security freak, and doesn't want to let you do anything.
There are several ways to get around most of these problems.

Use a utility called Take Ownership.

Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

How to Enable the Administrator Account

Open the command prompt with elevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.

Type

net user administrator /active:yes

and then press Enter.

Log out and log back in as Administrator.

When you are done undue the process by doing the same thing and pasting in

net user administrator /active:no

And turn off the UAC.

Disable User Account Control (UAC) the Easy Way on Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

Mike

Back