Re-Size onscreen keyboard and excel tabs

mhogswath

I've got a tablet that runs Windows 8 pro. When the keyboard is up it takes up half of the screen, making is difficult to see whatever it is I'm working in and I can't figure out how to re-size it. Any thoughts?

I'm also trying to re-size the tabs in Microsoft Excel. I know how to do this in Window 7 but I can't find the proper place with in the control panel in windows 8 to do it. Again, any thoughts?

Thanks!

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hi,

try docking the onscreen keyboard and then undocking. You should then be able to reduce the size by dragging a corner. As for the Excel question, try this link:

Five of my favorite Excel worksheet tips | TechRepublic

mhogswath

Hi,

try docking the onscreen keyboard and then undocking. You should then be able to reduce the size by dragging a corner. As for the Excel question, try this link:

Five of my favorite Excel worksheet tips | TechRepublic
Thanks for the input and I'll give undocking a try. As for the tabs I cam across the very same article and I can enlarge the tabs in windows 7. Those directions don't work for windows 8 because the control panel is different.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.