Windows 7 Realtek HD Audio Problem!

XilitoN

So... I just downloaded Realtek AC'97 Driver. But then I try to install it it says "Rtkvac.sys missing".
I run Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600 please help!:frown:

and your post heading says " Realtek HD Audio Problem!" not realtek AC97 audio problem

If you onboard Audio is infact an realtek HD audio chip you need to go here

Realtek

click the tick box and then next once the page reloads and download this

Vista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file) R2.42 2010/2/12 54813k

If you have an realtek AC97 chip onboard then you need this download

Realtek

and do as above and get this file

Vista/Win7 (32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file) 6305 2009/9/7 30396k

and your post heading says \\" Realtek HD Audio Problem!\\" not realtek AC97 audio problem

If you onboard Audio is infact an realtek HD audio chip you need to go here

Realtek

click the tick box and then next once the page reloads and download this

Vista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file) R2.42 2010/2/12 54813k

If you have an realtek AC97 chip onboard then you need this download

Realtek

and do as above and get this file

Vista/Win7 (32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file) 6305 2009/9/7 30396k

I have done that several times but it still not working... I've also tried to re in stall the driver and update it, still not working!

Last edited:
Rtkvac.sys is the driver left-over. You may need to use Driver Sweeper.

1. Disable your Antivirus/Security software
2. Uninstall your Realtek sound driver
3. Reboot
4. Disable your Antivirus/Security software
5. Control Panel > System > Device Manasger
6. Locate your Realtek HD audio device, right-click it and completely remove it
7. Reboot
8. Download and install the right driver for your audio device, I understand it is Realtek.
9. Reboot your pc now

3. Reboot
7. Reboot
8. Download and install the right driver for your audio device, I understand it is Realtek.
9. Reboot your pc now
Ok, will try it.

Have you tried windows update? Sometimes it finds stuff that is actually useful lol..

Yes, i have tried to find updates, tryed to update the driver but it's up to date...
so i have no idea what i should do

So... I just downloaded Realtek AC'97 Driver. But then I try to install it it says "Rtkvac.sys missing".
I run Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600 please help!:frown:

unninstall any resident shields you might have such as bullguard or any firewall or AV then try the install , If you need an AV use MSE temporarily ;)

I think I would try Safe Mode first before going so far as uninstalling your security programs. And of course, if using Windows Firewall, you won't be able to uninstall that. I do like Link Removed due to 404 Error however, and have moved all my Win7 systems to MSE and WF and have had no problems, and have no problems recommending that combination of AM/FW programs for most users. So if you are going to uninstall all your security protection, leaving you fully exposed, I urge you to first download MSE (or your another good AM of choice), disconnect from the network/Internet - unplug your Ethernet cable or disable your wireless access. Then, and only then, uninstall your anti-malware and take down your firewall. Install MSE and bring up your firewall before reconnecting.

Personally, before messing with hardware drivers, I like to know what hardware I'm dealing with and what the drivers are for. So what are we working on here? Please provide the maker and model number of your motherboard, or if a factory made PC, the maker and model number of the computer. Does your hardware even have these devices? If there is on-board sound, it surely has AC'97 for basic audio, but HD is not a given.

Why are we doing this? Did your audio suddenly stop working? Maybe we should be looking there first. Normally you don't need to install new drivers if everything is working well, and there is no security need to update them.

That said, did you install the drivers from the motherboard's utility disk? Did you go out to the motherboard (or PC) maker's site and use the drivers from there? Did you enable the device in the BIOS Setup Menu?

Could you check it again and tell us the exact full name of your audio card, it is very important to know what driver to look for.

+ Try post 4 again:

cybercore said:

3. Reboot
7. Reboot
8. Download and install the right driver for your audio device.
9. Reboot your pc now

Your device software may be designed for DIGITAL input and output. Look for the Realtek application under Control Panel -> Programs and UNINSTALL IT. Use the Microsoft Compatibility driver for sound. This is a problem on newer boards, particularly Gigabyte boards.

you dont need to uninstall. you just need to disable it. right click on mycomputer and goto properties. click on hardware and click on device manager click the + on sound, video and gamecontrollers. you will see realtek HD audion right click on it and click disable. this worked for me.

Back