Windows 7 Recent items in Jump Lists; disabled

aka

Honorable Member
In the Customize Start Menu dialog, the "Number of recent items to display in Jump Lists:" is grayed out. (see attached image)
How do I enable this? I'm sure it's something I caused, but I can't figured out what I've done. :confused:

Thanks

Hi aka,
have you tried clicking 'use default settings' found in the same area?

JYou need to have Recent Programs and Recent Items turned on for it to work.
Open the start menu properties again and make sure, before you select "customise" , that under the "Start Menu" Tab you have both items ticked under the "privacy" tag (Store and display...etc. ) Then select customise and you should be in business.

JYou need to have Recent Programs and Recent Items turned on for it to work.
Open the start menu properties again and make sure, before you select "customise" , that under the "Start Menu" Tab you have both items ticked under the "privacy" tag (Store and display...etc. ) Then select customise and you should be in business.

Thanks RAK, that was it...... can't believe I overlooked that option so many times. Again, thank you.

* I hope this doesn't double-post. I was greeted by "Connection reset by server" page the last time I tried. This site has been very slow to respond lately, taking 4 minutes or more to load a page, IF it loads at all. *

Back
Top Bottom