Windows 10 Recycle Bin

donb2012

Extraordinary Member
Here's my problem, when I delete anything it goes into the recycle bin and the icon changes from "empty" to "full", and I would simply right click on the recycle bin icon and select "empty recycle bin" but since a few days ago whenever I delete something it goes into the recycle bin, but the icon doesn't change from "empty" to "full" I would have to click open the recycle bin and only then will the icon change to show that it's full with deleted items. Any ideas why?

If you want the item deleted immediately after sending to the recycle bin why not hold the shift key before hitting the delete key which bypasses the recycle bin and deletes the item(s) selected in one stroke.

If you want the item deleted immediately after sending to the recycle bin why not hold the shift key before hitting the delete key which bypasses the recycle bin and deletes the item(s) selected in one stroke.

The problem I described in my original post was not because I wanted to delete an item immediately, but that the recycle bin icon doesn't change from empty to full once I delete an item and when I open/close the recycle bin only then does the icon show that it's full with deleted items. I never had this problem before.

The only thing I can think of:

Select the Start button, then select Settings.
Select Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings.
Select Restore defaults

I wonder.....

doesn't sound too dissimilar from an issue i experienced while using win-8 … save a file to desktop … it resides there, but it's icon does not appear; until you click "refresh" … then the desktop forces a "redraw". that particular issue seemed to disappear with arrival of win-10. afraid i have no answer for you, donb2012.

if the issue bothered me to such an extent … i probably would fiddle around with the controls a bit. however … be advised to create a system-restore point … so you can always go back if something goes horribly wrong.

screen_folly.png

i took screen-cap of recycle-bin properties window and included it in this post, donb2012 … clicking on each drive reveals certain amount allocated for the recycle-bin to do it's job. additionally, in that same frame, there's a couple controls that you can optimize or adjust. perhaps if you choose an option … it might suddenly trigger a faulty switch/key within the system's registry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom