Windows 7 Registry permission error in Windows 7 64 bits

arilani

I have some registry problems in my recently installed windows 7 64 bits.
When I try to add a 32 bits ODBC throw C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe (and running as Administrator) and It throws me a "Cannot Write to registry" error.
If I enter into regedit as an administrator and if I go to any entry under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI I get an Access Denied error. If I try to assign rights to that key, It says I don't have permission to change the permissins.
Thanks, Ariel

Hi

I don't know if this will help but you could try "Take Owenership" an app that will over ride the Windows security and let you access stuff that you normally can't.

Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

The other option is to activate the Administrator account and see if that works.

How to Enable the Administrator Account

Open the command prompt with elevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.

Type

net user administrator /active:yes

and then press Enter.

When you are done undue the process by doing the same thing and pasting in ….

net user administrator /active:no

Mike

Hi Mike.

I've just solve this.

The problem was the users lost the registry rights so I use the Win XP technique in Win 7.

I followed the steps of this Link Removed - Invalid URL, but instead of use SubInACL, I've used the 64 bits version of SerACL.

Thanks for your help, Ariel

Back