Windows 8 Regular BSODs regarding ntoskrnl.exe

The driver is taking ages to download, haha. 30kb/s, gigabytes servers aren't running upto speed it seems.

I have installed the intel driver. Just waiting for a bsod now.
Are there any stress tests I can do that will push my hard drives to the limit? Then maybe a bsod will happen sooner if it's an issue with my drives.

PC just completely froze whilst I was in a game. Had to reset it. Looks like different ram and taking out my wifi card made no difference.
Putting a fresh install of windows 8 onto my other ssd, I will leave all my other drives disconnected. It has to be a problem with my corsair ssd or hard drives, meaning a fresh install on my ocz drive should sort it. If it continues to blue scren, then I don't know what's wrong, as the only thing I can't really test is my psu.

Last edited:
Good idea... I did wonder with you running in RAID mode and SSD's usually working best under AHCI mode whether it had anything to do with it... Anyway we'll get there.. I'm sure of it.

Yeah, I couldn't get windows to install nicely on my other SSD, so I've decided to just keep my corsair SSD in and run windows normally, but without my hard drives. If it's a problem with my HDD's then it should run fine.

This is very interesting. I was in a skype call when skype closed and said it just had a disk I/O error. A few seconds after my screen went black and a error message came up with the title of sdtray, the rest of the box was blank. Then I got some a not responding popup related to skydrive, shortly followed by a BSOD. Maybe it's my SSD afterall.
I have attached a zip with my dmp in. It'll be a bit of a bugger if my SSD has failed, as I will probably have to migrate to my other SSD which is half the size, but atleast if it is the problem I know my other parts are fine.

Attachments

• W7F_12-01-2014.zip
    846.3 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:
Actually, I may not be able to use my secondary ssd, leaving me with no option but to partition my raid array and use a small segment of that for windows. I cloned my windows installation over to my other ssd but I get problems at startup (like I did when I tried to install win8 fresh on my ocz ssd).

Hi, your dump file pointed to csrss.exe which can be malware. Please download and run malwarebytes:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You may already have Defender running but malwarebytes finds stuff that other AV apps don't so please give it a run.

I'm still seeing this driver:
tmp50CF.tmp Sat Jul 26 14:29:37 2008

Personally if I owned that machine I'd do this:

Remove the RAID and install 1 drive. Run chkdsk and check the drive. If you bsod, try another port or another drive. Keep doing this until either the culprit drive or port or failed hardware is found. Troubleshooting is a real pain in the butt but there is no getting away with it easy (unless you happen on the issue straight away)

I

Alright, I'll get back to you once I've tested a few things. Also, I put my laptop HDD into my desktop and left it running for a day, I know the drivers aren't compatible (even down to the nvidia driver my laptop uses) but it ran fine. It'd be a shame if my ssd has failed, It's not exactly 'old' so I can't see it failing.

Got a fresh install of windows running now, so I shouldn't have that tmp50 driver or possible malware.
It's running from my raid 0 array (I created a 120gb partition on it for windows and kept the main data partition)
I'll see how things run.

No problems so far, as expected (bsods and stuff usually take half a day to happen).
I just updated to win 8.1. I'm hoping to get 0 problems on this fresh install.

I got a blue screen :(
Attaching the dmp now
I have no idea what the problem is now... I'm starting to think maybe it is a hardware fault with my gpu, in which case I'm screwed because I can't send it back anymore.

Attachments

• W7F_13-01-2014.zip
    262.1 KB · Views: 358
Post it and I'll take a look..Dammit! I was kinda hoping things would go ok.. Oh and about the gpu, you can always RMA it back to the manufacturer if it does turn out to be that. If you have a friend that would help see if you can put the card in their machine and see what happens. If it doesn't bsod then you know it has to be something else..

I have posted the zip. I have to go to bed now though. I'll check back in the morning. And yeah, I was hoping things would go well too :L
And no, I don't think any of my friends would be able to do that.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 18, {0, ffffe000050c0380, 2, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+96bf )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
as it's a new install the only driver out of date was this:

HECIx64.sys Mon Dec 17 19:32:21 2012: Intel management interface driver:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

If you still bsod after updating the above then to be totally honest I'm at a loss here. I also feel that after all this time you would be better served if you tried the forum here:
http://www.sysnative.com/forums/forum.php?s=b4c98195d62afdd4f60ad8b311afc002

Many of the tools I use to debug these dmp files have been created by the guy's who run this forum. They are true experts in this field and have far more expertise than I. It isn't a case of me washing my hands of this issue, I'll certainly help where-ever I can but in this instance I'm totally stumped. Give those guy's a try, I mean what have you got to lose?

Back
Top Bottom