Windows 10 Regular MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs

whoolio

Good afternoon,

I am hoping for some help diagnosing my issue with constant MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs in Windows 10. I get these every 15-20 minutes on average, sometimes occurring immediately after boot, sometimes after around an hour, but the system is pretty much unusable in its current state.

Thus far the only way I have found to avoid these is to use the Display Driver Uninstaller program to completely remove the Nvidia drivers from my system. Windows seems to run without crashing with no graphics driver installed (whether WDM via Windows Update or downloaded from Nvidia), but obviously is of limited use in this state.

Obviously given the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, I have tried running Memtest86+ overnight but this found no errors. Additionally I am dual booting with Arch Linux and have no stability issues whatsoever in Arch. My original Windows 10 install was an upgrade from 8.1, I have also tried a clean install and both suffered from the same constant BSODing.

I have run the W7F Diagnostic Tool as per the sticky and uploaded the resulting zip file. I would greatly appreciate any assistance that can be offered!

Attachments

• W7F_19-03-2016.zip
    806.6 KB · Views: 336
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {403, fffff6815764b078, c490000177a5a867, fffff6815764d840}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+12662 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
of the 5 dump files posted, 3 were like the above meaning a critical memory management issue occurred. Two of those three dump files pointed to hardware as being the culprit. You also had a Bugcheck 50 (again hardware errors, device drivers and anti virus being the main causes) and finally a bugcheck 19 meaning a memory pool was corrupt.

I noticed after further scrutinising the dump file that your running two slightly different sets of RAM. Usually this shouldn't be an issue as the RAM will default to the lower speed but as you have been having these memory errors it would be prudent to investigate.

All I want you to do is simply remove either set. Run on just one set and see if the bsod's stop. It might also be worth while popping into the bios and just making sure the memory settings are correct for whichever set you choose to run.

Please post back with any updates.

Thanks for your reply!

Removing one of the matching pairs does seem to have improved stability significantly over the past week, so I'll have to look into the RAM timings maybe and see if there's a difference there causing an issue.

Is Windows 10 known for being stricter on memory setup than previous versions? I didn't really have these kinds of problems with 8 or 8.1 on the same hardware.

I have noticed a number of cases where the user previously ran win 7 or 8 without issue yet in Win 10 the memory has errored out. It would seem that if there is a possible issue memory wise Windows 10 will pick it up far quicker than previous operating systems.

Back
Top Bottom