Windows 7 REinstallation issues Win 7 64-Bit

Munky86

Bad virus, infected system, decided to do clean install, yada yada. Lost my installation CDs and everything, called Dell and had them replaced and keyed to my copy of windows. Just did a reinstall, and it's asking for a username and password to boot up - which i def don't have. No usual defaults are working, neither are passwords from previous install (Note I only ever used an admin password, no user accounts.)
Tried going into setup from POST and removing all passwords, but that did nothing. Clean windows installed, almost ready to go...can't log on. Frustrating!

Bad virus, infected system, decided to do clean install, yada yada. Lost my installation CDs and everything, called Dell and had them replaced and keyed to my copy of windows. Just did a reinstall, and it's asking for a username and password to boot up - which i def don't have. No usual defaults are working, neither are passwords from previous install (Note I only ever used an admin password, no user accounts.)
Tried going into setup from POST and removing all passwords, but that did nothing. Clean windows installed, almost ready to go...can't log on. Frustrating!
How did you lose all your recovery media?

I bought the laptop a few weeks before a big move, and they got lost somewhere along the way :/ With my luck, they'll turn up in another few years.

Veegertx, I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight but don't think that'll do it, I don't use any user passwords. Any idea if maybe Dell has a default username/pass combo they might have keyed it with?

Depending on how bad and what the original infection was, there could still be remnants of it hanging out on your hard disk. You may want to take the extra steps and wipe the disks with 1s and 0s using something like KillDisk or Dban or one of the hundreds of other utilities out there to do the same thing. A pain, but may be worth the effort.

I bought the laptop a few weeks before a big move, and they got lost somewhere along the way :/ With my luck, they'll turn up in another few years.

Veegertx, I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight but don't think that'll do it, I don't use any user passwords. Any idea if maybe Dell has a default username/pass combo they might have keyed it with?

Call Dell and ask them.

Back