Hi!

I have 3 computers with Windows 7 Pro.

I can use remote
control between 2 of them, but I can not connect from any of those two to the
third one. All the services needed for remote control are running, and I have
tried several tutorials on how to set up remote control...and nothing. Again,
only on third computer remote control does not work. On that computer I have 2
accounts: one standard and one admin. I have put admin account under "Select
users" and did not help. Tried with enabled Administrator account and nothing.
Below you will see the picture which describes the problem. I can not select who
can connect.
Untitled.png

On the problem Windows 7 Pro machine type
gpedit.msc
Expland Computer Configuration
Expand Administrative Templates
Expand Windows Components
Expand Remote Desktop Services
Expand Remote Desktop Session Host
Select Connections
In the right pane double click
Allow users to connect remotely using Remote Desktop Services
Select the radio button that says "Not Configured" (See Attachment)
OK your way back out of there and close the Group Policy Management Console and restart the computer.
See if that helps
Welcome to the forums and keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

On the problem Windows 7 Pro machine type
gpedit.msc
Expland Computer Configuration
Expand Administrative Templates
Expand Windows Components
Expand Remote Desktop Services
Expand Remote Desktop Session Host
Select Connections
In the right pane double click
Allow users to connect remotely using Remote Desktop Services
Select the radio button that says "Not Configured" (See Attachment)
OK your way back out of there and close the Group Policy Management Console and restart the computer.
See if that helps
Welcome to the forums and keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

I have allready stumbled upon this advice when I was googling my problem.
And
I cound not apply it, because there was not "Remote Desktop Services" under
"Windows components". Strange. I must have mest up my 7 badly. Homegroup is not
accesible anymore, nor I can share printer installed on problematic computer.
Reinstall is in orderd...and this time I am leaving everything as is after
installation Link Removed - Invalid URL

thanks
for your help...appreciate it...best of regards

the best way i have found to connect to pcs remotly through LAN without changing things on your pc is using " UltraVNC" , part of the setup says what u want to install, either, viewer or server, install servers on the pc u want to view and the viewer on the pc u want to watch the other pcs on,, u enter the local ip , ( either found on the router or ipconfig in cmd) u connect withough a flicker or lag,

the best way i have found to connect to pcs remotly through LAN without changing things on your pc is using " UltraVNC" , part of the setup says what u want to install, either, viewer or server, install servers on the pc u want to view and the viewer on the pc u want to watch the other pcs on,, u enter the local ip , ( either found on the router or ipconfig in cmd) u connect withough a flicker or lag,

aha...

so it is not something like teamviewer - it works over internet, not lan?

ultravnc will work over lan and over the internet , when u try and connect the ip you enter determines where u connect . e.g lan could be 192.186.02 for example or if your doing it over internet then it would be your actual ip,

ultravnc will work over lan and over the internet , when u try and connect the ip you enter determines where u connect . e.g lan could be 192.186.02 for example or if your doing it over internet then it would be your actual ip,

ok, but can I have server and viewer installed at the same time on 1 machine?

yes when installing it gives u 3 options

server and viewer - both as below

server only - this is the pc u want to watch

viewer only -this is the pc u would watch from

if u google UltraVNC and go on there website, download the .exe and just be careful when installing it and u will see the options of what type of installtion u want :)

also on the pc u install the server on , there is a couple of options u might want to change, one of them is " about having a blank background" when u connect, once all the commands are set then , untick options like , tray icon so they cant disable it etc, takes time to setup to the way u want but its amazin :)

also on the pc u install the server on , there is a couple of options u might want to change, one of them is " about having a blank background" when u connect, once all the commands are set then , untick options like , tray icon so they cant disable it etc, takes time to setup to the way u want but its amazin :)

nice, will try...

two more questions :)

1. is it heavy on CPU or RAM whan running in background ?
2. is it somehow possible to conect to my PC from outside my home network? (I do not have permanent IP adress)

its not too cpu hungry or ram hungry , its decent program, u can connect outside your lan, if you go out of your house then you wil have to connect to your internet, run command promt and type ipconfig to get your true IP, then each time you connect then you will have to type the command,also if its a router you will have to allow ports

i wouldnt really recommend connecting outside your LAN for security issues, im not a big fan of it to be fair, some will disagree, its weather u feel its safe or not,

if u struggle with UltraVNC you can try TightVNC which is another program, same tool, diff name :)

I have found out that I can connect remotly to my PCs using Windows Live Mesh. Even from browser from work.
Nice and simple.

Back
Top Bottom