Windows 7 Remote Desktop Stopped Working

ts2405

So I'm running Windows 7 Professional on a netbook, and the remote computer runs XP. A month ago I was able to access the remote computer just fine (using these same two computers respectively), and now when I try to log in I get the error:
"Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons: 1) Remote access to the server is not enabled. 2) The remote computer is turned off. 3) The remote computer is not available on the network."
I just asked my friend to connect to the remote computer using her Mac, and she was able to do so -- therefore all 3 options in this error message are verifiably wrong. I have not changed any settings or installed any new software on my netbook that I could imagine causing this problem. Please advise. Thanks.

Update for Windows 7 Remote Client Software

Thanks for the response, but I wasn't able to find any updates for windows 7 remote client software, on the microsoft site or anywhere else. The link in the thread took me to a "Help and How-to" page -- no downloads.
I found updates for remote client software for XP and Vista, but not for Windows 7. Know where I could find it?
Thanks

This isn't really my area of expertise, but I see that you didn't get a second reply, would this resource be at all helpful for you? Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back