Windows 7 Remove Raid drive

powers

I have a Toshiba mod.P105-S9722 I was runnig windows 7 beta and allwas fine now when I try to install the upgrade I get a msg to remove the Toshiba raid driver the pc dos not have raid I did do a search and no raid driver.
Please help I can't get past this.

Is there anything on this pages that might help? The second page concerns laptops made prior to 2007, which may not be supported.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Link Removed due to 404 Error

This worked for me. I got it from another forum and can not take credit.

thank you, but that wasn't the problem - an IT friend of mine sent me a link with the following info that completely fixed my issue:

Laptops - Toshiba Forums

"It looks like the update is just scanning the Windows\system32\drivers directory and found that the KR10N.sys file was incompatible. It did not matter that it was not loaded. By moving that file out of the Windows\system32\drivers directory, my install was able to work."

I found the KR10N.sys file in on my harddrive under windows\system32\drivers and made a "drivers" file under my documents and then moved the file into the "drivers" file and restarted the installation. My install worked like a breeze afterwards!

FYI - my laptop is a Toshiba model A105-S4384

Thank you for the reply,
Liz

Back