Windows 7 Remove the blur from windows

MikeDre

Found it on neowin. I had to turn it off because it makes things a bit confusing when you see windows from behind that clear. :(

How to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
Add DWORD HideBlur with the value of 1
Now Ctrl+Shift+F9 twice.

Doesnt work on taskbar

I find if you just tweak the color settings the right way it also takes away alot of the "blur" without having to mess around with the registry... ;)

Found it on neowin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
Add DWORD HideBlur with the value of 1
Now Ctrl+Shift+F9 twice.
In what version you have tested this?

Because I found:
Don't work in Build 7000
Work in Build 7048
Don't work in Build 7077

I find if you just tweak the color settings the right way it also takes away alot of the "blur" without having to mess around with the registry... ;)
What configuration do you choose to have minimum of blur and maximum of transparency ?
I haven't found any configuration so that I can read the text of desktop icon through a windows border.
(Screenshot is from Build 7048 with "HideBlur=1" setting)

Windows 7127: Full transparent window frame possible again

In Windows 7 (build 7127) again it is possible to switch the window frame from "frosted glass" effect ("blur") into "fully transparent"

The full transparent effect was also possible in the builds 6956, 7022, 7048 and 7068
In the builds 7000, 7077 and 7100 it doesn't work.

You also can use this function in the build 7100 (RC), when you copy the two files "DWM.exe" and "uDWM.dll" from folder c:\windows\system32\ of Build 7127 into the Build 7100.

Whereby the file "DWM.exe" is responsible for the evaluation of the registry key ("HideBlur=1") and the file "uDWM.dll" for full transparency.

In order to overwrite these files at all, you first must acquire the full access rights at these files. Then "stop the service": "Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager" for a short time and copy the files from build 7127 into 7100. After that "restart the service": "Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager" again.

ok, so how do you download those two specific files, without downloading the entire op sys? i am running the x64 7100 now, so i had to use QWords instead of DWords, right? anyway, it still didn't work. while my toolbars are all close, they are not completely clear. how can i get these two files in order to get the full clarity?

Back