Windows 7 Repair corrupt .PST & .OST files

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcald

What methods exist to repair corrupt Outlook 2003 .PST & .OST files besides using the scanpst and scanost utilities?
An Outlook 2003 user frequently gets messages when he launches Outlook 2003 that the data file is corrupt.

Click on it to clear down all the Compatibility Mode Check Box. After doing so, click on
Apply and then press OK. Restart the computer and your problem is sorted out.

Before proceeding with any third party utility, I'd recommend to go with Microsoft Inbox Repair Tool (ScanPST.exe). This utility is available for free and at your local PC too. It has potential to repair corrupt PST file in Windows Outlook.

In case of corrupt OST file, don't panic because you can create a new OST file at any point of time. As per my recommendation, you can eliminate PST/OST error in a manual way.

To fulfill above requirements, you can follow the references, given below:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-and-ost-25663BC3-11EC-4412-86C4-60458AFC5253
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/recover...-repair-tool-scanpstexe-in-outlook-2013-61708

Note:
Sometimes, the manual method is not helpful due to complex levels of error/damage in Outlook data files. In this context, you can try third party utilities.

There are lots of tools available on the market which easily repair your corrupt OST and PST files. But before purchasing any tool always remember that you may easily repair both corrupted files by using manual techniques. If the manual technique doesn't work, then try any commercial tool. Below link will provide you a helpful solution to manage the corrupt OST files using manual as well as using a third party recovery tool. For more details go to the link: datarecoveryblogger.blogspot.in/2014/03/how-to-repair-outlook-data-files-using.html

I had the same problem and I used OutlookFIX, the tool that i saw on techrepublic. So, i'm writting for say thank you Kemical. I could repair my corrupt .pst file.
Thanks one more time.

Hi,
It seems that you have try scanpst and scanost utilities so after that you have only option left is to use any third party tool. If you want any suggestion about third party tool then you can try Magic Soft OST Recovery and Outlook Recovery software. I am suggesting these because they can repair corrupt OST & PST as well as recover permanently deleted deleted data from respective file.

Last edited:
To repair OST to PST File, I have an complete solution that makes simple to change OST file format into PST file. You shuld try once this OST to PST repair software..

Copy Source: Gael OST to PST

Easiest way to repair pst file is using inbox repair tool which is available for free and comes with office installation. The location of PST file depends on the version of Office you are using. To know more about Inbox Repair Tool and how to use it to repair pst file is mentioned in the blog here

OST to PST converter is the best choice to tackle OST file data crisis. OST files become inaccessible when there is Exchange Server downtime or crash, accidental user account deletion, database corruption, virus attacks or software malfunction. OST to PST conversion tool helps to recover all email items from inaccessible OST and save them to PST file.

The OST repair software scans the OST file, searches for all lost email data and displays retrieved items in a hierarchal manner. From there, the user can verify the retrieved email items and save them to a PST file at the desired location easily.

Repair corrupted OST file easily with OST Repair tools. There are few manual technique which is be useful to recover your OST data file. Certain Professional tools are also used for fixing crucial damages to OST File.
Try this manual for OST repair using built-in tools: Repair OST Manually

In case manual is not working or not recover the damage OST file than use the 3rd party tool for recovery such senario.

What methods exist to repair corrupt Outlook 2003 .PST & .OST files besides using the scanpst and scanost utilities?
An Outlook 2003 user frequently gets messages when he launches Outlook 2003 that the data file is corrupt.
To repair PST files and OST files, you can try scanpst.exe and scanost.exe respectively. These are the best solution an Outlook user can try. Though some software companies are also available in the market which provide PST repair or recovery tools, but I always recommend freeware like scanpst.exe and scanost.exe utilities. Unluckily there's no tool available in the market which can repair OST file. But OST to PST Converter utilities are available which support corrupt OST files too. I can share two helpful blog posts here:

Repair PST File by using Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) | N. Sem's Blog

Use scanost.exe (Integrity Check tool) to Repair OST File | N. Sem's Blog

I hope the shared information would be helpful here for Outlook users.

Thanks and best regards.

You can try third party tools to repair corrupted OST files and PST file, for corrupted OST file try OST Recovery software to easily repair restore emails from OST file and export into PST file format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom