Windows 10 Request advice in fixing a security error.

wilspeak

Hello Everyone,
I tried to follow the instructions of this guide >> (How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10: >> How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10 )
I went through all the steps, but when I got to (step #9) where it says "open the “Select User or Group window and enter your administrator username and click on the button Check Names" .This action will automatically fill in the object name. Well that does not happen for me I keep getting a "An object (user, group, or built in security principal) with the following name>>MY NAME<< can not be found" error. Can anyone help me with this security issue? Thank You in advance.
windowsapps-folder-enter-username.png

In the white box to the left of the "Check names" button you need to enter the name you use to log on to Windows. (But you probably don't need to go down this route at all now it seems that you should be able to solve your original problem using Ccleaner.)

In the white box to the left of the "Check names" button you need to enter the name you use to log on to Windows. (But you probably don't need to go down this route at all now it seems that you should be able to solve your original problem using Ccleaner.)

Hello patcooke , You are right the first problem that you helped me work out is solved, but since you sent me that link on how to get access to my winapp folder, I tried it and it did not work. I did enter the name that I use to log into windows and I double checked to make sure it was the correct log in admin name and that name was not accepted. I kept on getting a "An object (user, group, or built in security principal) with the following name>>MY NAME<< can not be found" error. That error message is what I am dealing with now. It seems like my Admin name is not being accepted

Hi

82nd Airborne?

I remember that logo from my time at Fort Brag in the 60s.
I was with the Special Forces, Special Warfare Combat Developments Agency.

Boy was that a long time ago, but it brings back memories.

Mike

Hi

82nd Airborne?

I remember that logo from my time at Fort Brag in the 60s.
I was with the Special Forces, Special Warfare Combat Developments Agency.

Boy was that a long time ago, but it brings back memories.

Mike

I am a Army Airborne Combat Veteran, 82nd Airborne Divison 1983-1992. I was just a baby in the 60's , are you a Viet Nam Vet ?

There really isn't any need to access this directory. Why do you need to access it? Side note, you can access this directory from a command prompt or powershell prompt without modifying any permissions.

There really isn't any need to access this directory. Why do you need to access it? Side note, you can access this directory from a command prompt or powershell prompt without modifying any permissions.

Neemobeer, I was just trying to do some things on my PC. I found a way. I just posted another serious problem that I am having with Windows 10, can you read the post , maybe you can help me Thank You.

"I am a Army Airborne Combat Veteran, 82nd Airborne Divison 1983-1992. I was just a baby in the 60's , are you a Viet Nam Vet."

I was lucky, I got out of the service at the end of 1963, before the war heated up, a few of my friends did go to Viet Nam both before and during the war.

Fortunately they all came home as well.
Some I'm still friends with today, more than fifty years later.

"I am a Army Airborne Combat Veteran, 82nd Airborne Divison 1983-1992. I was just a baby in the 60's , are you a Viet Nam Vet."

I was lucky, I got out of the service at the end of 1963, before the war heated up, a few of my friends did go to Viet Nam both before and during the war.

Fortunately they all came home as well.
Some I'm still friends with today, more than fifty years later.[/QUOTE

MikeHawthorne, That's wonderful, I have a few friends who are Viet Nam Vets. I am Glad that you came back home safe and sound. A lot of people didn't come back Home. I was in Operation Just Cause Panama and Desert Storm. Are you getting your Veterans benefits from the VA ?

Back