Windows Vista Restore to factory settings

JaySlim561

I am using a HP Pavilion dv6000 running Windows Vista Home Premium. My computer has numerous problems: it won’t load certain websites, windows updates won’t work, I can’t load or re-download windows defender, I can’t download software from Microsoft.com…..and so on and so on. I have searched and searched the internet and tried many solutions from many different forums with none of them working. My last resort is to restore the system to factory settings however that too presents a problem. The files in my HP_Recovery drive have been deleted and the recovery disks that I created were lost when I moved. I know it’s a long shot, but is there any way I can restore my system to factory settings without the HP_Recovery partition or recovery disks? :confused:

Have you tried contacting HP to see if they will provide you with a recovery disk?

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn’t aware that I could get recovery disks from HP. I contacted them and I’ll have the replacements in a few days. The disks were free but I had to pay for shipping. Thanks again!

Your very welcome!
Post back if you need further help.. :) Or just let us know how the re-install went..

Back