Windows 10 Restoring default views

persius

I don't know what I did but my views have changed and I would like restore back to the original settings I had. Needless to say I've only had Window 10 for 5 days now so I'm still trying to understand my way around.

In this screenshot, my previous view allowed me to see the 3 drives WITH how much drive space is in use for each one. Also, the column down the right hand side appeared and I don't know how to remove it.
screen shot.jpg

In the screenshot below, my directories were just side by side without the categories i.e. Today, Earlier this week, Last week etc. I have no idea how to revert to the previous setting. This is just too detailed for my liking.
 screen shot 2.jpg

I would appreciate help in restoring my previous settings.

Thank you.

Try this click view and in the top then navigation on the left. There are some option there play with them to see what you like. They are on off check mark on, open pane off.

I finally sorted this mess out. Thanks for your help.
Is Windows 10 supposed to be better than 8.1? If it is, I'm not seeing it.

I think it's better but ran the beta for it so I was used to it. It does take a little while to get used to the differences.
Glad you sorted out your issue, may have happened on an update. Like anything time fixes a lot of things.

Your advice did help me and I appreciate it. Now I'm dealing with this new issue of Win10 changing all of my directories to Read Only. This insanity is just getting worse by the day. With the work I do it's preventing me from doing my job because I can't save files inside of directories for my clients.

If you copied files over they may have been marked read only. You need to give them read/wrirte. Not sure how to do it for a whole nested directory but I'm sure if you check on the internet the instructions can be found.

Back