retrun to 7

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Well no matter how much I try to trick, tweak, update drivers, use alternative drivers my current system hardware just doesn't like windows 8. So I'm sadly reporting that I've returned to windows 7 until I replace all my hardware, which is not likely to happen any time soon.

The really sad part about this is, I truly enjoyed using windows 8 Pro. Once you get around the quirkiness of the metro screen, it's quite nice. I'll still be stopping in this forum now and again...if nothing else just to add my 2 cents worth.

I keep coming here because there is a lot to learn and a lot of the questions aren't specific to Windows 8. I decided not to upgrade because I saw very little to gain. I've got at least 4 quality programs from give Away of the Day that I can't reload and there is other paid software that would need replacing for Windows 8.
Joe

It shouldn't be too long before we have you using win 8 again.. :)

Just waiting....waiting....still waiting....more waiting...waiting...a little bit more waiting...:eek:

Cheeky bugger... You know when it's winging it's way to you you just need to have some patience. Oh and get my copy of Crysis 3 ready.. ;)

Hey Jimbo,

Can we get a look at your system spec's, I'd bet they are more recent than mine and mine works great with Windows 8, not trying to pour salt, just saying.

Don

Hey Don...I'm back to using 8...again. I think what was causing my 8 problem was the way I had my dual booting set up. I tried it on one drive that was partitioned and on two separate drives...and for some reason, after about a week, little things would start to happen and then they would just get worse.

So now I have 8 installed on one drive and only one drive and everything thing seems to be working perfectly. Going on 2 weeks now...keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 drives, Vista, 7 and 8, each on their own drive, the trick is, install the oldest OS first then the newest/latest, in our case Windows 8, do not use Windows 8 boot screen (choose OS to boot to), instead, install http://windows8forums.com/windows-8-tutorials-training/11537-dual-multi-booters-ireboot.html, read the last paragraph on how I use it, you shouldn't have any issues.
There is another way around the oldest OS first method, which is what I did and haven't had any issues, so, if you need help with that, let me know.

Don

Back