Windows 7 Reverting Back to Vista from Windows 7 / Disappointments of Windows (Gamer points)

jLeeFellows

I want to go back to Vista Home Premium x64!
Windows 7 disappointed me and actually gave me a harder time than Vista did when I moved from XP to Vista.
\

I checked an instructions document out about how to rollback to Vista from an upgrade to Windows 7. By using the windows.old folder located in your main hard drive(usually C drive) and manuaully doing it. But I do not have a windows.old folder. Yet another computer in my house(my brother's) that upgraded does have the folder.

\
2 computers:
1 Vista Home Premium 32-bit (Brother's)
1 Vista Home Premium 64-bit (Mine)

He upgraded with Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 32-bit,
as I upgraded with Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit.

\
Why am I missing my windows.old folder but he has his? And is there any other way I can possibly revert back to my Vista Home Premium x64 without windows.old folder? Or is it there but just scattered and not thrown into a windows.old folder?

I seem to have a few folders that were in "hidden" that obtain older windows files and copy files that seem like they came from the previous Windows Vista. But no windows.old folder.
I have a USB Flash Drive that I can and do store my most important personal files on incase I ever need to clean install with a new OS. But I would really hate to have to spend $100-200 on a new Windows Vista Home Premium x64 just because Windows 7 told me that by upgrading instead of doing a clean install I could rollback to my previous OS version if I eventually wanted too.

Not to mention Vista is not worth re-buying. Both Vista and Windows 7 are a gamer's hell from my perspective AS a gamer.

Windows 7 Gamer Issues & My piece on Windows
\

-Windows Vista hogs up too much memory and forces you to need a NASA built next generation year 3000 super computer just to hardly reach 60 Frames Per Second(FPS) in a 120 FPS running game that could run easily on a lightweight Windows XP computer with not even 1/100th the specs of the other computer.(sarcasm)
-Windows 7 entirely destroys mouse acceleration, deceleration, accuracy and precision on desktop and in-game. Although it frees up some resources vs Vista, Windows 7 goes through more stalls, freezes, screen glitches and errors than Vista. (Yes I'm aware it's still a BETA). - But it makes it feel as though it really does not free up any memory usage.
And from personal monitoring of memory, and processor usage on comparing both Windows 7 Ultimate x64 vs Windows Vista Home Premium x64 they held practically the same memory and processor usages. I saw almost no difference in PC performance or game performance.

(
My computer:
Acer Aspire AX1700-U3700A Mini-Desktop PC,
2.4 GHz Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor E2220,
4 GB RAM,
640 GB Hard Drive,
SuperMulti DL DVD Drive,
Vista Home Premium x64 -Originally-
)

But I was horribly let down after I realized that Windows 7 destroyed mouse movement. I can not use either my G5 Logitech Gaming Mouse, MX518 Logitech Gaming Mouse, Razer Death Adder Gaming Mouse, Microsoft Sidewinder Gaming Mouse, or even Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 in any game with the proper, correct, and precise speeds, accuracies and precisions that they should be that both Vista and XP showed better accommodation towards.
As a gamer, I look for an OS that lets me customize my pc to my feel(home pc), as well as allow me to use my pc to its fullest(gaming). I got most of that from Windows XP. Windows Vista started to let me down in that performance, especially on the memory hog. And then Windows 7 simply killed it.

Not only do I have a hard time manuevering around a ..gaming mouse made for games on ..games, but Windows 7 does not seem to stretch resolutions for me in-game. My monitor is 1920x1080(16:9). And I use 1024x768(4:3) in games which stretches to the full monitor screen. However, Windows 7 takes that resolution and literally forms it on the screen without stretching it to the full monitor size. So I play on this small 1024x768 square box in the center of my large monitor screen instead of using the full extent of my monitor.

\
Anyhow, I just want to go back to my Windows Vista Home Premium x64. I've had my fun with testing Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I think I'm done with it. If anyone can help me with getting back to Vista I'd much appreciate it. There has to be some way.
Thank you~

Back