Windows 8 Rogue desktop theme

spaceman

I hope this problem gives you a bit of a laugh, at least, as it's kinda a ridiculous situation. Recently, a friend of mine changed my desktop background theme to some dude's genitals. No big deal, I just changed it back. But here's the problem - whenever I log in to my computer under the same account, the obnoxious background comes back. I've tried deleting the image file the theme was based on from my computer, deleting the theme itself, and deleting the browsing history that leads to the image's host site. Despite doing all sorts of combinations of these three actions, that picture comes back every time I turn my computer on again. I haven't been able to find a similar situation on a forum before - I am in full control of changing the desktop background but no matter what I do the incorrect background theme reappears upon each start up. What can I do about this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sounds like your friend slipped you a nasty bug which has infected the entire system. I would run any malware/spyware software you you have and see if that doesn't clear it up, you might have to run them in safemode.

If your still having issues after trying the above suggestion see if returning the pc to a earlier time via system restore helps.

Back