Windows 7 RPC not available?!?!

shrestha

My laptop was working fine until I rebooted. After I rebooted, Aero thems is gone. I cannot save any of the settings. Audio is not working. Networking is not working!! I cannot use anything in the control panel. I came to realize that RPC is not available but when i typed services.msc in run, rpc is running well..
Tried finding solution everywhere in web , but could not find.

System restore is not working either. I tried repair install, but the error pops up after I click the INSTALL now button from the Bootable Win 7 dvd as
" Window could not retrieve information about the disk on this computer".

On top of that, I had encrypted my encrypted partition with the bitlocker. Now If I happen to format Windows 7, would I be able to access that partition?? I got very important documents in that partition.
I would really appreciate help on this.
Thanking you in advance...

Welcome to the forums.

My laptop was working fine until I rebooted. After I rebooted, Aero thems is gone. I cannot save any of the settings. Audio is not working. Networking is not working!! I cannot use anything in the control panel.
How come? Rebooting can hardly cause such disaster. Why remote procedure call is not available is also hard to tell. Did you check it in the event viewer, what has actually happened?

On top of that, I had encrypted my encrypted partition with the bitlocker. Now If I happen to format Windows 7, would I be able to access that partition?? I got very important documents in that partition.
Yes. If you keep the encrypted drive untouched, you can unlock it from the BitLocker Drive Encryption Control Panel item just as you would any other data drive by using a password or smart card. If the data drive was configured for automatic unlock only, you will have to unlock it by using the recovery key. If you have both, the password and the recovery key, keep them both.

Finally..

I happen to have some of the important processes disabled. I enabled it run->msconfig->services.
Everything runs fine..
Thank you for the help. I totally appreciate it.
:)

Back