Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster 933Sn won't display native resolution!

Windows7Sucks

Just installed Windows 7 last night on my Hp Pavillion a1120n computer, Intel 915GV chipset, and a samsung syncmaster 933SN monitor.

My monitor will only display at 1024 x 768 (true color / 32bit) resolution. The native resolution is 1360 x 768 and that's what I would like to set it too, so it takes up the whole screen real estate, but there is no option in "LIST MODE" to change this. Even after I uncheck "Hide modes that the monitor can't display" and I try out the other resolutions listed, none of them take up the whole screen real estate (18.5"). How do I fix this problem? Why doesn't WINDOWS 7 display my monitor properly? I've used this monitor on Windows XP and Windows Vista, and both worked fine, but Windows 7 isn't recognizing something properly.

Last edited:
Was this a "clean" install or an upgrade?

Pleasec heck your driver version by going to Start > Control Panel >Device Manager. If it's less than 3.0.0.0, try this link for 32-bit Vista driver

Link Removed due to 404 Error

it was a clean install. and my driver version is 3.0.0 | 7/25/2008 (the most recent)
and it says for display adapter "Standard Vga Graphics Adapter"?

Not sure what the problem is. Might have something to do with my intel chipset?

Found a solution. In another forum a member mentioned: "All I can offer is Link Removed - Invalid URL which was the last driver made for the 915 chipset. It works with W7 but the installer needs to be run in compatibility mode." After installing this in compatibility mode (windows vista service pack 2) it recognized my Samsung monitor in it's native resolution. This will only work if you have a HP Pavilion pc I think.

Back