Windows 7 Monitor not displaying native resolution correctly

villafan92

My problem is my Acer x193w 19" wide screen monitor will not fill the entire screen real estate when the native resolution of the monitor is selected from the screen resolution menu in windows 7.

The native resolution of my monitor is 1440x900, this resolution worked fine in windows vista and in windows 7 until I had to re-install windows because of a hard drive failure, an now when I select 1440x900 the entire screen real estate is not filled, it is using the whole screen vertically however not horizontally and I have tried to adjust this on the monitor controls but it does not allow me to move the desktop into the right place. So this is what i end up with:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I have installed the catalyst control centre and latest driver for my graphics card however the control centre does not let me select the 1440x900 resolution and with the control centre install the windows screen resolution manager takes away the option of 1440x900 so I removed the driver and control centre and I was able to select 1440x900 again but still the same problem.

At current i have the latest ati driver without the catalyst control centre and am able to select 1440x900 but still have the same problem

My graphics card: Connect 3d - ATI Radeon X1550 - 512 MB - PCI Express x16
Monitor: 19" Acer x193W (on vga, no dvi port on the monitor)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have searched for hours with no solution, I will be happy to awnser any questions if needed.

Back
Top Bottom