Windows 7 Sata Driver not recognised by Windows 7

basher875

As a new user of Windows 7, I wonder if anyone can help?

I recently installed Windows 7 on a partition on my 200GB IDE HDD. I tried to install the SATA driver for my SATA HDD but Windows 7 doesn't recognise it. The driver is on my AS Rock motherboard CD AA1697-11.
The driver is installed OK on the XP install on the primary partition of the IDE HDD.

I'm wondering if I can't install the driver is there any way of importing the files. Has anyone else had similar problems?

I see that you've had no reply from anyone familiar with your motherboard. On the other hand, it appears that the part number that you gave was for the utility CD that came with the board. You might have done better if you specified the motherboard model number. (Some motherboards come in multiple revisions, so the rev number would be useful too.)

At a guess, the drivers installed on XP and not Win7 because they were XP drivers. If you can find Vista drivers for your mainboard, they may install without difficulty. (Sometimes, OS version checks are built-in, and that must be worked around.)

You may also be able to use drivers from the chipset manufacturer. For example: if your mainboard uses an Intel chipset (that's the chipset on the board, which may be different from the CPU), there are Intel drivers that will work for you.

I would suggest not bothering with the SATA drivers if you have an Intel chipset; they don't seem to be necessary, and they may actually hurt performance.

I recently installed Windows 7 on a partition on my 200GB IDE HDD. I tried to install the SATA driver for my SATA HDD but Windows 7 doesn't recognise it.

maybe I'm missing something her, but if you installed to a seperate patition, your drivers had to be installed.

Sorry for all the questions, but........
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also.
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you dual-booting?
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?
Did this occur immediately after install?
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?
XP drivers will not work on Windows 7.

What is the exact error message you are receiving?

Do all drive letters show up in Windows Explorer.

Do they show up under Disk Management?

Back