Windows 7 Screen becomes very dark after resuming from sleep mode.

Julia

I bought this Samsung Laptop a few weeks ago.
Every time I put my laptop to sleep and then start it up again, my screen becomes VERY dark. I can barely see anything. I don't know if its my screen problem but is there any way to fix this? It's annoying...The only way to get it back to normal is to shut down and restart. It doesn't happen if i just leave it on sleep for about 5-10 minutes. But Any longer, it then becomes very dark. Please note: The screen darkens considerably. It is different from a black screen where I cannot see anything at all.

What's the model # of your laptop? I have a RV511, only 6 months old. It has this awesome feature called "Fast Start". For me, when I'm done doing what ever on the laptop I just shut the lid. When I want to get on it again I just open the lid and in less than 3 seconds it powers up and I have no issues with the screen. You might want to check the power saver settings, the screen brightness settings and see if there is any thing in there. Also, do you have all the latest drivers from Samsung for your laptop?

I have a NP305E5A. I've checked the power saver settings and have my screen brightness pretty high. It resumes fast after sleep but if I leave it to sleep for more than 10-15 minutes, or more, and turn it on, the screen becomes very dark. It doesn't happen if I turn it back on around 5 mins later though. As for the latest drivers, I don't know. I just bought the laptop from best buy and started it up with whatever they had.

Last edited:
There are a few driver updates all ready....download all the current ones. If that doesn't work...take it back, it's still under warranty....it could be a bad LCD or LED screen.

Back