Windows 7 Screen faded and washed out

allan7143

Hi, Heres hoping someone can help me with a problem i am having with a new pc operating windows 7. Some of the webpages i vist eg itunes skype, this one, the pages appear to be faded and washed out. I am unable to see text boxes and all the colours are pale. The monitor is a new benq with updated drivers, another problem i am also having is that i am unable to get the proper icons for sites on my desktop. When i create a shortcut it is just a generic windows icon that is displayed, whereas on my old xp system if for example you wanted the facebook shortcut the facebook logo would be displayed. Any help much appreciated.

Hi Allan,

could you please list your system specification and which graphics driver your using.

Thanks,,

Hi thanks for replying my system spec is as follows windows 7 home premium32 and 64 bit
Intel core tmi 3 processor 550

3gb ddr 3

hard drive 640gb

Graphics Intel gma hd graphics

Hi,
thanks for updating. How old is the actual Windows installation? I know you say the monitor is new but I'm just wondering if you have some corruption going on in windows itself..

Ok so it's more or less a brand new system? Have you made sure the monitor settings like 'gamma, brightness and contrast are correct? If not, look under 'Display' in the control panel and on the left hand side you'll see where you can calibrate the colour.

Last edited:
Back