Windows 8 [screen glitch] before lock screen appears+smal boot delay

StefaNafetS

Extraordinary Member
Kind of screen glitch that appears before windows 8 lock screen appears at start /restart and a notable delay in starting/restarting time than with my 1st win8 install.

I think this appeared after I installed my windows 7 back ( dont ask me why..)( a clean install) and installed my win8 back again.I dont think Ive done them corectly:

I couldnt install win 7 it in C ,neither to format that partition because of this message [Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks] and an error code 0x0000 smth... while attempting to format the C. I could only manage to instal windows 7 back after deleting all of the partiton and now I have a single C one.

When Ive tried to reinstall windows 8 these days I expected to see only a partiton where to put my windows but instead there were other minor ones too ( they dint shown during my win7 install) like they appear now if I open disk management
Link Removed

So now I have that glitch when starting windows 8. I dont know how to describe it: its a black screen -with that windows 8 doted loading wheel -partially covering my Motherboard logo screen ( that screen at startup with bios setup, boot menu options etc).I say partially becuase I can see parts of my motherboard screen on left and right but they are kinda shredded and disolved into scraps. This appears after the clean Motherboard screen witht those options I mentioned above. On my 1st win 8 install this dint use to happen.

So Now I f I want to do a clean correct install of windows 8 what should I do?asking these in the context of those EFI , recovery partitions I havent seen till now while installing windows.

It seems like you are encountering a screen glitch and facing challenges when reinstalling Windows 8 after reinstalling Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to address these issues and perform a clean and correct installation of Windows 8:

### Steps to Address the Screen Glitch Issue:
1. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can sometimes cause display glitches.

2. Check for Windows Updates: Install any pending Windows updates as these updates often contain patches and fixes for various system issues.

3. Run System File Checker (SFC): Use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files that may be contributing to the screen glitch.

### Steps for a Correct Windows 8 Installation:
1. Prepare Bootable Media: Create a bootable USB drive or DVD with the Windows 8 installation files.

2. Access BIOS Settings:
- Restart your computer and enter the BIOS setup by pressing the relevant key during startup (usually Del, F2, or F12).
- Check if your boot mode is set to UEFI or Legacy BIOS. For Windows 8, it's recommended to use UEFI mode.

3. Partition Management:
- During the installation process, you can delete existing partitions, create new ones, and format them as needed.
- If you encounter the MBR partition table error, convert the disk to GPT format. You can do this by cleaning the disk using DiskPart before installation.

4. Clean Installation Steps:
- Boot from the Windows 8 installation media.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, select the custom installation option, and choose the partition where you want to install Windows 8.
- Complete the installation process by following the instructions provided.

5. Finalize Installation:
- Once Windows 8 is installed, make sure to install drivers, update Windows, and configure your system settings.

### Dealing with EFI and Recovery Partitions:
  • EFI System Partition (ESP) is essential for UEFI boot mode. If you see EFI and recovery partitions in Disk Management, they are likely there to support your system's UEFI configuration.
  • Do not delete these partitions unless you are absolutely certain they are unnecessary, as they contain crucial system files.

By following these steps, you should be able to address the screen glitch issue and perform a clean installation of Windows 8 correctly. If you encounter any specific errors or difficulties during the installation process, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Back