Windows 7 Screensaver will not start.

ravna

Hi Guys
Have been using Win 7 Build 7100 for several months now but am starting to experience screensaver not activating no matter what theme or settings are used. Have done a search for my problem and see several posts on a similar but not identical problem, so no joy there. Have all the latest Win 7 drivers installed for mouse/keyboard etc. but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution? JohnM

For what its worth: I have found out that a gadget was my problem in will the screensaver start or not. Whenever I had my radio gadget on a stream the screensaver refused to start. When I turned it off (no removal but just no working stream), that screensaver started without a problem in the given time.

This didn't happen in XP nor in Vista with the same gadget. So it must be a thing with Win7.

I now turn the radio gadget off whenever I need my PC to stay working but I will be out ;)

Most radio gadgets make use of the Windows Media Player. So be sure to set there in the player settings that the screensaver can start when the music is on! That helped me.

Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the C:\Windows\System32 directory,. locate a file with a .cpl extension,. right-click on it and choose Test

Does this work?

Most radio gadgets make use of the Windows Media Player. So be sure to set there in the player settings that the screensaver can start when the music is on! That helped me.

Sorry, I cant find this settings in Windows Media Player?

I find the scr and i TEST it? and what now??

Does it work when you test it?

When you right-click can you choose install?

BTW,. how many people are there in this thread asking different questions?

Please start a new thread if you have a different issue:)

Last edited:
My screensaver is working, I test it and it is started.

My problem is when playing radio gadget, then my screensaver wont to start.

Hi Guys
Have been using Win 7 Build 7100 for several months now but am starting to experience screensaver not activating no matter what theme or settings are used. Have done a search for my problem and see several posts on a similar but not identical problem, so no joy there. Have all the latest Win 7 drivers installed for mouse/keyboard etc. but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution? JohnM
Just to get back to the OP since we seem to have lost that, have you tried doing a repair install? Maybe some of your system files have gotten messed up, or maybe a video driver problem.

When does it actully not activate? Can you test it and make it work, like does it show as working when you select it in the small screen, or can you preview it?

Does it try to come on and then go right back off?

If you go to settings and check display settings, is there anything that looks strange?

Are there any messages in the event viewer?

Back