Windows 7 Shogun 2 Total War: issues with battery charging while playing.

zabych

So, the problem is very simple - when I start the game, my battery won't charge. It only does on loading screens (when I enter or end battle).
My laptop is Acer Aspire 8942G, Win 7 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850.
It looks like the game blocks or conflicts with my charger when I play it.
Once I switch tabs, the battery starts to charge again.
The first thing I tried to do was removing my battery and playing only with the cord.
So, when I started the game - my laptop powered off immidiately and after that I realized there is some kind of conflict between the game and my laptop. And that is happening not due hardware, but to software.
The battery doenst charge when I play, but during the loading screen (i.e. battles, aply new settings, etc) the battery charges.
I've done some experiments:
everything was on low including resolution in game and in windows - the battery was charging!
but the thing is that when i start moving accross the map - it stops to chagre.
also my monitor says that my CPU is loaded for 100% by STW:2
it seems to me that there is lack of resourses, or the game tries to use more than it actually needs, because after a while even with lowest settings laptop stopped charging as well.
and a question arose in my mind - is there a program which would limit the use or resourses, i.e. CPU, by a selected program? i think there should be something like that...
also, another thing came up to my mind - may be my ac/dc charger is low on capacity or power? may be i need a more powerfull or so? is it possible?
because it looks like my video card and CPU takes all the resourses and there is nothing left even when the game is with lowest quality settings.
I would appreciate any help or hint what to do.

I've seen a few instance of laptop chargers (Usually clone replacement or failing branded ones) that suffer the low output issue that fails to have enough juice to charge and game at the same time.

I've seen a few instance of laptop chargers (Usually clone replacement or failing branded ones) that suffer the low output issue that fails to have enough juice to charge and game at the same time.

yeah, it semmes to be true.
any idea how to fix it?
my laptop is still on warranty, do you think this is a hardware problem which can be fixed?

it's certainly worth investigating warranty, although chargers tend to have a different warranty period to the main laptop, but if its the original supplied one it should be covered.

well, the problem was in my ac/dc charger, mine is corrupted or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom