Windows 8 Shutdown Error: app is preventing shutdown - .NET-broadcastEventWindow.4.0.0.0.282af8c.0

haversham

getting this strange error almost every time i shutdown the PC. this happens whether i close every application (or at least i think i do), or i leave some open (e.g., Chrome, IE). and it's intermittent.

Attachments

• IMG_20121212_034442.jpg
    IMG_20121212_034442.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 5,801
getting this strange error almost every time i shutdown the PC. this happens whether i close every application (or at least i think i do), or i leave some open (e.g., Chrome, IE). and it's intermittent.

This is because this is probably a background application or service that you don't see on your taskbar, which is perfectly normal. That window will come up if applications have not been closed, that's just the way Windows is :)

It seems that this application is having issues though... At the time this was prompted it thrown an exception. And if you're not a debugger, this may be tricky to resolve. :)

My guess is that you either start this application yourself, or it's by default, started when Windows starts.

I'm sure if you had opened TaskMgr the next time you have Windows open, you may see an entry for CCC.exe or something along those lines.

EDIT: Information about CCC.exe can be found here: CCC.exe Windows process - What is it?

Please make sure that you've installed recent Windows updates as well, as there may be a hotfix that can resolve this issue.

One other very possible cause of this, is that you have 2 conflicting versions of files that are dependencies for this process. For further investigation, I would suggest you look in your EventViewer for any critical errors/warnings that may relate to the time that this exception was raised, as well as this process. SysInternals has a great tool that would allow us to debug this problem as well, called "ProcDump". You would also be able to use a tool by SysInternals called "Process Explorer" to monitor the actions taken by this process on your system too, which may help.

cheers.gif

~Ace

Last edited by a moderator:
doesn't surprise me that it's the ATI drivers. i've had problems with them before.

thanks for the detailed reply, Ace. i'll try your suggestions out :)

Hi!

I have the same error!

This only hapened only when cliq in the ccc icon tray; for moments the icon disapear, came again and final open the menu of ccc. Now if shutdown the computer or restart i have this error. Reapet this only happend if i tray oppen ccc menu. If amd the not solve this issue I don´t bay another ati graphics card.

Thanks

Hi!

I have the same error!

This only hapened only when cliq in the ccc icon tray; for moments the icon disapear, came again and final open the menu of ccc. Now if shutdown the computer or restart i have this error. Reapet this only happend if i tray oppen ccc menu. If amd the not solve this issue I don´t bay another ati graphics card.

Thanks

do you have a 4000 series card? apparently, this happens with their legacy drivers and windows 8. i simply disabled the catalyst suite from startup and the problem hasn't returned.

Back