Windows 7 Shutting down and jump list problem

qupav

lately i've observed that my laptop computer, running windows 7 Professional, takes a longer time than usual in shutting down. i timed it and it now shuts down for 2 to 3 mins..

later, i found also that after shutting down, then turning on, all my jump lists are cleared, including the recent items..

does the two problems i'm having are interrelated?

please help me..:redface:

Do you have any software that cleans your computer and might be removing any history?

Do you have any software that cleans your computer and might be removing any history?
this are the softwares I installed.. but i'm not that certain, since i just observed it after a while (that is after installing this softwares):
microsoft expression (the suite that includes web, design, blend)
microsoft visual studio (the WoW dvd - includes mysql server, msdn library)
usb disk security (i think it's this because it has a functionality that repairs the registry, the thing is I tried to use the function but it says i don't have administrative permission even though i'm the administrator)

i think that's all..i don't remember installing a software that cleans my computer or removes any history..
please help..it is killing me..:(

OK, if it is taking a long time to shutdown, something is running and keeping it from doing so.

USB disk security might be involved, depending on your setup.

What you might have to start doing is not allowing some programs to strart, or just before you are ready to shutdown, start ending some of the tasks in the task bar. Look for some that might seem normal and keep track of which ones you terminate early to see if that one helps.

Back
Top Bottom