Windows 7 Laptop keeps shutting down and restarting after Windows 7 installation

RaenCamp

I have a HP g60 laptop, I just replaced the hard drive with a Seagate 1 TB SATA 5400RPM hard drive because the previous one died. I installed a downloaded windows 7 home premium on it. After following the instructions I managed to get it up and running again. But the next day I turned it on as soon as it got to the desktop it shut down unexpectedly and restarted. After logging in and getting to the desktop for about 2 minutes it turned off again. Did I do something wrong with the windows 7 installation, or is there a problem with the hard drive? Also my battery is a bit old I have to keep the laptop plugged into the outlet. It is not charging like it used to could this be the problem? Thanks for all help in advance.

I am surprised that you got the G60 working at all with a 1TB drive. HP advise the maximum drive size is 500GB. Can you check your hard drive config in control panel to show us what you have in the laptop.

Is this what you were asking for patcooke?

Attachments

• upload_2013-11-25_19-5-34.png
    upload_2013-11-25_19-5-34.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 396
Back
Top Bottom