Windows 8 Simple Windows 8 Tutorials

Hi Windows 8 Forum Users,

First let me say I am still somewhat new to Windows but I can now use the operating system fairly easy now. I have been using computers since basically I was a little kid but switching to Windows 8 was like a nightmare I couldn't find anything.

Do you need help using Windows 8? If you do I have started making tutorials with very basics first and I will teach you as I learn new things in Windows 8. Below I will post an example video and if you like it I will keep making tutorials to help those who are frustrated with Windows 8. If you need a tutorial just let me know.

Windows 8 Tutorials: Lesson 01 Start Menu and Searching Applications

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Simple Windows 8 Tutorial. I think this tutorial will be really helpful as it was super confusing on how to close metro interface applications.

Windows 8 Tutorials: Lesson 02 Opening and Closing Applications

Another Simple Windows 8 Tutorial. I will guide you through the methods I use to switch between applications when in desktop view versus metro interface.

Windows 8 Tutorials: Lesson 03 Switching Between Applicationsns

Lesson 03 Switching Between Applications

I updated this post to show video embedded instead of a link.

Another Simple Windows 8 Tutorial. In this tutorial I help you change names for metro interface groups and rearrange groups and applications.

Windows 8 Tutorials:Lesson 04 Metro Interface Naming Groups, Rearrange Groups and Applications

Updated because I used a link and meant to embed video instead.

Updating this post because it was a duplicate of lesson 2. This video will now show lesson 5.

Another Simple Windows 8 Tutorial. Learn how to Unpin and Pin Start Menu Applications.
Windows 8 Tutorials: Unpin and Pin Start Menu Applications Lesson 05

Hey Allen, how about some tutorials other than the basic stuff. The more in depth inner workings of windows 8.

I'm open to doing some more in-depth tutorials but I wanted to started with the simple stuff so that beginners can eventually learn the harder stuff as I make newer tutorials. What type tutorials would you like to see?.... in other words when you say inner workings what areas would you want me to focus on?

Hey Allen, how about some tutorials other than the basic stuff. The more in depth inner workings of windows 8.

Allen, I think you are doing it right. There are enough people out there that will buy new PCs with Windows 8 and they will be pretty much discombobulated. So you have to ease them in.

But I am still wondering what you use for a screen recorder. It looks pretty sophisticated.

Hi Allen,

These are some great starter tutorials. Nice work on this. I know how difficult doing these can be. :frog:

But I am still wondering what you use for a screen recorder. It looks pretty sophisticated.

He is using Camtasia Studio. FRAPS is currently down for screen capture in Windows 8.

You are absolutely right it is very hard it can take anywhere from a few hours to a whole day to do a video. I don't think the average person realizes how much work it is. I really appreciate your feedback because my goal is to take some of the frustration off of those who are new to Windows 8.

Hi Allen,

These are some great starter tutorials. Nice work on this. I know how difficult doing these can be. :frog:

I'm not sure what happened but I wrote "camtasia" in the fourth post of this thread with a quote and reply to you. Let me know if you get this message.
Allen, I think you are doing it right. There are enough people out there that will buy new PCs with Windows 8 and they will be pretty much discombobulated. So you have to ease them in.

Allen
These are really nice it's to bad MS didn't have the common sense to do this with the beta releases. Going into Windows 8 with no idea of what's there can be quite a shock.
Joe

For the first week or two I preferred my old laptop with Windows XP over my new one with Windows 8. Like you mentioned MS should have had a set of videos upon beta release. I've noticed even with their Office Suite 2010 software it doesn't have your standard help files for offline. I hope they fix this for the Windows 8 Office Suite version when it is released. I think it is called 365 for the new office suite but not sure if it is released yet.

Allen
These are really nice it's to bad MS didn't have the common sense to do this with the beta releases. Going into Windows 8 with no idea of what's there can be quite a shock.
Joe

Thanks guys for the Camtasia update. I thought so. And sorry Allen, I must have missed post #4. In any case, $300 is too much money. I use a $39.95 version of WMCapture.

The price isn't really that bad if you use all the features it comes with. It's the best system on the market in my point of view its simple and effective. It gets the job done but I would like to see improvements for the price tag I paid but overall I'm satisfied.

Thanks guys for the Camtasia update. I thought so. And sorry Allen, I must have missed post #4. In any case, $300 is too much money. I use a $39.95 version of WMCapture.

Another Simple Windows 8 Tutorial. Learn how to show and hide desktop application icons. This tutorial is great for those who need to keep their desktop looking professional during presentations for business clients but just haven't learned to be organized with keeping icons off your desktop.

Windows 8 Tutorials: Show and Hide Desktop Applications Icons Lesson 06

Back