Windows 7 Sites to visit for OS tweaks

Ultimate Windows Tweaker

TweakUi on steroids. The Ultimate Tweaker for Win 7 and Vista from the Windows Club. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but if so it's worth mentioning again. Just put Ultimate Tweaker for Win 7 in Google to find the site.

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Windows Tweaker

I originally had the link but was trying to conform to forum rules against adding links.

WoW!
I was going to post the link to my own web site, where I list all my favorite tweaks for both XP and Win-7.
I was tweaking OS's long before Windows.

But since that's frowned on, I won't do it. Sorry!

:cool:

This is a misunderstanding of our rules. Please refer to Link Removed due to 404 Error #2 and DMCA section.

Mike,
should that possibly be items #1 and #2 ?

There are just so many places within those rules where a guy could get Whacked, that it makes one Gun-Shy.

My own site, probably mentioned in my Control Panel, is for information only. NO products or services are sold there.
So I guess you could say it's not a "Commercial Site", Eh?

I invite any Moderator to review my site and let me know if it's proper for posting in a forum thread.

(once bitten, twice shy)

O.T. :cool:

No, we cannot, and are not responsible for every link posted on this site. But we may or may not be legally liable for links that go to copyright infringing places. Personally, I don't think so, and you never see a place like Link Removed - Not Found get taken down. They post links to torrents and other nonsense all the time. We, however, get issues with DMCA. So you need to be informed and use common sense:

• We don't want commercial advertising on this site by members because this creates an environment that promotes spam.
  • We charge advertisers for ad space through programs like AdWords. We have partnerships with AVG, Uniblue, TuneUp, Auslogics, Google, Microsoft, ESET, WiredTree, Internet Brands, Crawlability, NetDNA, Facebook, Twitter, InfoLinks, Kontera, Conduit, Wibiya, Skimlinks, Apture, Bitly, and approximately 347 affiliated advertising networks that Google acquired.
  • It undermines our ability to keep the site running if we can't sell ad space anymore because you decided to turn your account into an advertisement.
  • It degrades the visitor and member experience tremendously to be sent to misleading or commercial links when they do not know who is behind the links.
  • It is wrong to advertise on here, without contacting us, and not call it spam.
  • We are getting killed when people put up links with the entire content of an article as some publishers call this a "DMCA" violation. Their writing is so important they think they're the next Stephen King. They syndicate their content through RSS, but don't dare mention them. This is a problem we have had and dealt with amicably with all parties involved, I truly believe.
However:

You need to understand the concept of fair use, free speech, and first amendment rights. Then you also need to understand the rules you accept by accessing Windows7Forums.com property. You can't come into my deli and give a lecture on how to make a better BLT if I own the place.

So just use common sense. Don't advertise affiliate programs. If the link is to a different forum, we don't really care. But if its an ad-filled realm and the desire is to do nothing but make money, that's a problem. We have banned thousands and thousands of spammers. Any trace of a site that hosts pirated software and you're gone. Spam is the same way. These are the two areas where its a major no. Other areas we may give you a warning, but these can get the website completely shutdown one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

As in all the forums I participate in, we all have to be vigilant to keep the Spammers at bay. I also just hate them. If we all keep watch and report those posts that look suspicious this will go a long way to keeping them at bay. I have been in the habit of supplying links to apps and sites I deem have value to the subject at hand. I find in my case going to a site and reading about, researching the subject, makes it stick in my "old" brain better than if someone just puts in a step by step explanation. There are times the step by step are appropriate, but I feel it's just as important to learn to do something so the next time it comes up, you will know how to do it.

I do not believe you have ever really done anything wrong, Ted, and am not sure why this came out of left field. At one point a moderator may have thought something was wrong with a post because of a prior concern, but if that does happen, it should be understood that you are basically free to write whatever you want. The work of moderators and admins will clear that up. The Terms of Service are a step by step guide, in writing, of how the website works: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thank you Mike. I will continue to offer opinions and hopefully solutions to questions posed based on my experiences and knowledge. In my limited free time I do enjoy helping others is these forums.

Back