Windows 7 slow explorer (W7 RC 64bits)

riktw

well i am using W7 7100 64 bits a while now and it workes great.
there is only 1 thing that bothers me, the sloooooow explorer when you open folders with lots of files in there.
yes, with pictures i can imagine that creating thumps takes some time, but with an folder full of music?
even opening computer sometimes gives me an white screen and they lame green loading thingy
screenshot:
Imageshack - w7slow.jpg

i am using an fast PC, Q9450 quad core, HD84850 VGA card, 4GB ram, 2 seagate drives in raid 0(both good with smart test)
and windows XP does'nt take hours to load a music map.
i am using an clean install, from windows site.
is there something to make loading maps faster, becouse it makes me wanna switch to XP again?

rik

I periodically run into that issue too, what kind of view are you using? After I changed to "Details view" I don't have as many issues.

I second the notice

I have licensed RTM W7 64bit and it seems this slooowness started within the past week. I have a similar powerful system to previous post.

I got that on occasion myself, even on virtually empty folders. I can actually hear my drive spinning up sometimes if I have left the PC idle for a while and then I sometimes get that green bar. I'm on a desktop though and on max power settings so it's a bit puzzling. It did help to disable the 'Windows Search' service, as I always did the 'Indexing' service in XP. It's worth a shot!

Back
Top Bottom