Windows 7 Slow Install & Boot

From what I can gather from the Chinese forum is the hard drive needs to be on channel 0 of the SATA bus in the first position. I've checked my config and the CDRom is first on channel 0 (\Device\Ide\PciIde0Channel0) and the HD is second (\Device\Ide\PciIde1Channel0). Problem is you can't easily disconnect the CDRom in an old macbook so I can't test my theory.

DuMbGuM can you now try upgrading to 7057 and see if it still works properly.

Last edited:
DuMbGuM can you now try upgrading to 7057 and see if it still works properly.

I already upgraded from 7000 to 7057 and It was the exact same as a fresh install of 7057.

I think I'll just leave it alone now until RC1 is leaked or a fix arrives for 7057.

Oh really? I had hoped that it would still work properly by upgrading. Hmmmm, I wonder what's causing this. Lots of people experiencing the same issue by the looks of it. Let's hope that it's fixed in the next build.

Yeah its dissapointing :frown:

But hey, RC1 will be leaked probably just over two weeks from now, and apparently they actually finish a new build every working day so It should get fixed by then ! *crosses fingers*

In my case, I just have one (1) sata connector on the motherboard, so I'm not able to move it. God damn this irritates me.
My comp is an acer aspire L5100. Wich is a small form factor desktop computer.
I bought it to give me a silent livingroom. It only gives me headaches at the moment. Hopefully there will be a fix for it.

The solution doesnƃā€šĆ‚Ā“t help for 7057 on a eee pc with sata ssd as you canƃā€šĆ‚Ā“t move it to another channel. Maybe somebody can find out which files from 7048 could be copied to 7057 to get it work. (I donƃā€šĆ‚Ā“t care about the slow install, but it also boots up extrememly slow)

In my case, I just have one (1) sata connector on the motherboard, so I'm not able to move it. God damn this irritates me.
My comp is an acer aspire L5100. Wich is a small form factor desktop computer.
I bought it to give me a silent livingroom. It only gives me headaches at the moment. Hopefully there will be a fix for it.

ohhhhhhh...

ACER ASPIRE L5100 seems using amd chipset, it seems the solution doesn'twork well on chipset not intel. hi, i suggest you go to the bios and see if the harddisk is master or not,if it is slave,try to make it master

or see the hd info in bios---master\slave, works under which state, sata compatible or sata enhanced or ahci,then try to figure it out

Well. as i said earlier, i do only have one sata-connector on my motherboard.
So I will not be able to change.
I'll wait untill the njext build arrives. Most likely in a week or two.

I can't change the sata port unless I take a hacksaw to my laptop lol.

At least we know its a problem they're going to have to fix. I'll be keeping an eye out for the next build.

Edit:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Arg.. hope its leaked sooner than that

Last edited:
I did what some of you suggested and I moved my windows7 drive to the first slot, then I ran a startup repair from the CD and it seems to have fixed this problem. Booting up a lot quicker now.

Thanks for the advice.

thank you guys so much!!! you fixed my slow install/boot up for this build of win 7. Plugging into the SATA1 slot did the trick for me. Hopefully this wont be a problem in the future for everyone out there who has only one sata slow or doesnt know how to change their settings in BIOS.

Thanks again!!!! :D

fix for the people using laptops or cannot change sata ports:
right click My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Disk drives -> Right Click on your hard drive -> Properties -> Policies Tab -> UNCHECK "Enable write caching on the device". Restart and see the magic :)

Edit: You can UNCHECK the first box or CHECK both of them, whatever suites you better. In my opinion checking both of them seems to boot up a little faster.

Last edited:
Thanks a million for the tip. Might try it tomorrow.
I'm waiting for a newer buld since the 7057 build have problems with networking.
But I might try it on a test-machine:)

Good news all, I'm installing Build 7068 at the moment and its going a lot faster than the 7057 install, will report back !

Yup, SATA problem fixed, another fast, stable beta.

Last edited:
Just installed 7068 x86. It's fast, it's sweet and it works like a charm:)
Now I just have to wait for build7.0.7100
The new one with a new core......

Yeah. A friend of mine who is working in Microsoft told me that there will be a build with a new core. They are apparantly leaving the Vista core and using a new one. But let's not get to exited. We all know that Microsoft is like the weather. Always changing.

Back