Windows 7 So What Are You Playing Right Now?

Finally got some 3d glasses on import from Hong Kong....(took a month!) can't wait to try 3d modes.

I have been playing Borderlands and is is pretty darn cool like fallout and half-life mixed together.

I was looking for a game to play and as it's a while till pay day I thought i'd pull out an old chestnut.... Far Cry!
It plays great under 7 64bit too. Here's a screenie or two to remind of days of yore....

Ah far cry I think I will play that one been almost 4 years since I played it should be able to run on super max settings since I have upgraded my computer several times since then have you tried far cry 2 it is not as good but it is still fun.

I never bought it.. I don't know why really. I've seen the playstation version and didn't think much of it..Maybe one day?

I never bought it.. I don't know why really. I've seen the playstation version and didn't think much of it..Maybe one day?
you should get a copy there really cheap used the game is okay i mean it gets repetitive and when you kills guys in an area and come back they are there again it gets annoying

Is anyone else playing the new L4D2 demo? I was thinking we could meet up and play together? Lets get shooting some zombies!
Don't forget we need 4 peeps

Been playing Dragon Age: Origins. Its awesome. Nice change from the other RPG's I've been playing.

I'm very impatiently awaiting Diablo III ... and I guess Starcraft II.

~Ruemer

Yea I've been dabbling with Dragon Age Origins, but got so many games on the go i can't get time to play any of them very often....lol Although seems its Neverwinter Nights unofficial sequel to me, very similar control set.

EDIT: Just tested on 3d glasses, very good depth sensation...still behind GTA4 and Flatout 2 though.

Last edited:
I've just been looking the web site to dragon age...looks ok.. I don't know what game to buy next..It's either Borderlands or L4D2....Actually as L4D2 isn't out until the 17th I'm probably gonna get Borderlands. I've just been watching some vids and you guys have totally recommended it so...hey it's a no brainer right?

I'm not huge on the first-person shooters (mainly because I'm terribly at them). I know "practice makes perfect" but I just don't find them entertaining. I think Counterstrike destroyed any ability I had to even appreciate the FPS.

I did play L4D on XBox 360 recently. I enjoyed that one. But that's one out of many FPS's that I have actually enjoyed. Mainly because I wasn't playing against other people, just ninja-zombies. :p

I know what you mean.. I don't always enjoy playing online as invariably there's always the one idiot who has to spoil it for everyone else...but.. depending on which game it is.. some good times are to be had. I just thought it would be cool if we could start up a bit of a windows 7forums clan.. Highwayman will undoubtably know more about this than i do...
So what do you think? Possibilities?

Lol a clan eh? been there done that...lol but sure would maybe get some much need rep for the site...although as I told you a while back, my reaction times are pretty grim at my age....I'd get owned by 10 year olds...lol that's why I usually only LAn with fellow minded chaps.

Last game I actually enjoyed online mode was GTA4 till all the hacking tw*ts started pouring into servers and using god modes to avoid showing up thier lack of skill, sadly C*ckstar have not locked them out servers even to this day....what's the bloody point of having a report feature that doesnt get them banned>? or at very least a Hosting option to kick them off, rather than the useless voting system that doesnt work during a round.

I'd certainly join the ranks, but I'd be mainly cannon fodder methinks...lol

Last edited:
Well I ain't no spring chicken either...thats why we need some younger blood, to make up for us old codgers lol..
I guess what we need to do is find a game we all play and then arrange for a day/time when we could meet up and perhaps create a private game.. At first we could just see how it goes..like who turns up, who's crap (probably me) and who's gonna be the saviour (joking)..
I really do think it could be cool, it's just organising it... If you/we decide on a game and then put up a post asking for forum users to put their name forward and then on the arranged day/time all meet up and go for it.. I don't know..
I've never been in a clan or run one so really I'm hoping you'll be able to advise although if your not interested i can totally understand..

Well games I'm generally best at are Grid, Flatout 2, R6 Vegas 2, C&C Kanes Wrath, C&C Red Alert 3, GTA4, Battlefield 2, and on a good day Dawn Of War 2...though I usually suck..no base building grrr no good for a turtler like me.

Pretty much useless at most since my mouse is on its way out...grrr too close to xmas so I'm spent up for a new Razor mouse.

Last edited:
Nice choice on the mouse.. i use a copperhead and it just gets better with age..

Have you tried Left 4 Dead? The co-op is pretty good as you have to help each other to stay alive so it's not like your against another team so to speak.. You can get the demo on steam Left 4 Dead 2 Demo on Steam All we need is another two like minded bods and we could have a right laugh..

Yea but No, lol but I'm looking at buying #2 once I upgraded my video card in January...as for mouse this is the 2nd Diamondback Ive worn out the left button on in 3 years! Gonna buy the Diamondback 3g edition

Last edited:
Back