Windows 7 So What Are You Playing Right Now?

All I have Windows 7 64 bit, the I7 chip and the EX58 Extreme motherboard and the Geforce 9800 with 1Gm Ram and I'm looking for a good chess game any recommendations.

All I have Windows 7 64 bit, the I7 chip and the EX58 Extreme motherboard and the Geforce 9800 with 1Gm Ram and I'm looking for a good chess game any recommendations.

The really best you can get is ChessBase series: (Deep) Fritz, (Deep) Shredder, Junior, etc.

(Link Removed due to 404 Error)

Gone back to good old Oblivion, started from scratch to give it a good run through with a different character...works perfectly and still looks decent thanks to Quarls texture mod. Annoyed slightly that can't find my Shivering Isle dvd, guess the munchkins put it in wrong box grrr.

Other than that I'm dabbling between DIRT2, Just Cause 2, and Napoleon Total War (Not quite as good as Empires)... all class games.

Last edited:
My currents:

Xbox 360:
-GTA IV. There's something about a server with friendly fire off that makes sending other players flying across a large portion of the map by clipping or ram them with a chopper just so much fun. Bad for your reputation, but satisfactory.
-Bad Company 2: Clan just broke up, so it's just me running around whooping but.
-Ninja Blade. Strategy/FPS.. Can't quite describe it.

PC:
-FSX. Still trying to get landing right.. can't do it without an ILS approach (which usually doesn't work too ;))
-Bad Company 2: I totally suck on PC. :redface:
-Just Cause 2: Again it's the trill of doing something stupid, oh where do I start :)

Using Game Booster that Cybercore pointed out somewheres. Gets me a few extra frames here and there.

Had a group of my mates over this weekend for a marathon LAN party session that ran friday till just a few hours ago... in which we played DIRT2, Flatout2, Stalker Call of Pripyat, Dungeon & Dragons Online (It's nice to dungeon crawl with needing mics..lol), Call of Juarez 2, and GRID.

Had a group of my mates over this weekend for a marathon LAN party session that ran friday till just a few hours ago... in which we played DIRT2, Flatout2, Stalker Call of Pripyat, Dungeon & Dragons Online (It's nice to dungeon crawl with needing mics..lol), Call of Juarez 2, and GRID.

I envy you :)

At the moment I'm playing Bioshock 2 (not as good as the first one, but not trying to be) and
ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead with heaps of mods.

Funnily the games I have been playing for the last 6 months are all old, except STALKER c.o.p.

Hidden and Dangerous 2 + expansion and I'm playing through the original F.E.A.R. again. Looks sweet on my new rig.

Oh and Sim City 4, when its not being silly :p.

My currents:

Xbox 360:
-GTA IV. There's something about a server with friendly fire off that makes sending other players flying across a large portion of the map by clipping or ram them with a chopper just so much fun. Bad for your reputation, but satisfactory.
-Bad Company 2: Clan just broke up, so it's just me running around whooping but.
-Ninja Blade. Strategy/FPS.. Can't quite describe it.

PC:
-FSX. Still trying to get landing right.. can't do it without an ILS approach (which usually doesn't work too ;))
-Bad Company 2: I totally suck on PC. :redface:
-Just Cause 2: Again it's the trill of doing something stupid, oh where do I start :)

Using Game Booster that Cybercore pointed out somewheres. Gets me a few extra frames here and there.

Just curious, Are you using a joystick to play FSX ? I ordered a copy the other day and thought I'd play FS 2000 while I waited for it in the mail. I hooked up my old Sidewinder joy stick and windows installed it but it won't work with FS 2000. I calibrated it and it works fine in the calibration window but not the game :( I hope it works for FSX.

I used to use a joystick for FS2004 on my old desktop, it was a zoomer. Ancient but great.
I use FSX on my laptop though, because of how graphically demanding it is, so I can't use my joystick anymore because it's not a USB joystick.

For the best troubleshooting, you should start a thread under "Windows 7 Hardware", but I don't see why it shouldn't work for FSX :)

I have been sucked into the world of Star Trek Online (STO), on occasion. I have a lifetime account, since I was hyped about the game for about 4 years before it came out. It is pretty good, quite a bit repetitive, but very addicting, especially if you have ever been a Star Trek fan.

In October, I will be playing Fallout: New Vegas.

October will be Medal of Honor for me.. though Fallout: New Vegas looks pretty awesome.. tell us what you think.. and surely kemical will do the same. Will probably end up buying it too :D

I'm amazed at how nobody has mentioned Starcraft 2, which came out last night....

Never played the first one although I heard it was along the lines of sup com? It does seem to have a huge following..

It's more in common with the warcraft games, which techincally it is (just like comparing warhammer and warhammer 40k) lol for me the original was extremely playable with minor niggles, i'm hopeing the new one is good although Dx9 graphics and the games unit caps are a sour note... I never played the beta but watched plenty of videos, but until a demo or friend shows me it first hand i'll stave off buying it.

Thanks for the info Fugno. I did post the news when it was first released on steam and then promptly forgot all about it. I'll start downloading!

Been playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 for the last few month and have really enjoyed it up until now . However I am now starting to look around for another game but just cannot find anything that will stand up to what this one has given me :(

Back